Marginal note:Review of orders and decisions
43. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the Board may review, rescind or amend any of its orders or decisions, or may re-hear any application before making an order in respect of the application.
(2) A right that is acquired by virtue of an order or a decision that is reviewed, rescinded or amended by the Board may not be altered or extinguished with effect from a day that is earlier than the day on which the review, rescission or amendment is made.
Marginal note:Chief executive officer
44. The Chairperson is the chief executive officer of the Board and has supervision over and direction of the work of the Board, including
(a) the assignment and reassignment of matters that the Board is seized of to panels;
(b) the composition of panels and the assignment of Vice-Chairpersons to preside over panels; and
(c) the determination of the date, time and place of hearings.
Marginal note:Delegation by Chairperson
45. The Chairperson may authorize a Vice-Chairperson to exercise any of the Chairperson’s powers or perform any of the Chairperson’s functions, including powers or functions delegated to the Chairperson by the Board.
Marginal note:Absence of Chairperson
46. (1) If the Chairperson is absent or unable to act, or the office of Chairperson is vacant, a Vice-Chairperson designated by the Minister is to act as Chairperson.
Marginal note:Absence of Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson
(2) In the event of the absence or incapacity of both the Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson designated by the Minister, or if both of those offices are vacant, the Minister may designate a member or any qualified person to act as Chairperson but no person so designated by the Minister has authority to act as Chairperson for more than 60 days without the approval of the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Responsibility for human resources management
47. The Chairperson is authorized, in respect of persons employed by the Board, to exercise the powers and perform the functions of the Treasury Board under the Financial Administration Act that relate to human resources management within the meaning of paragraph 7(1)(e) and section 11.1 of that Act, and those of deputy heads under subsection 12(2) of that Act, including the determination of terms and conditions of employment of persons employed by the Board.
Marginal note:Executive Director of Board
Marginal note:Supervision of work
(2) The Executive Director of the Board assists the Chairperson in the exercise of the Chairperson’s functions and, subject to the Chairperson’s direction, directs and supervises the day-to-day conduct of the work of the Board, the management of the Board’s internal affairs and the work of persons employed by the Board.
- Date modified: