Marginal note:Pilotage Authorities established
3. (1) Each Pilotage Authority named in the schedule is hereby established as a body corporate consisting of a Chairman and not more than six other members.
Marginal note:Appointment of Chairman of Authority
(2) On the recommendation of the Minister and after consultation with members of the Authority and with the users of its services, the Governor in Council may appoint the Chairman of an Authority to hold office during pleasure for the term that the Governor in Council considers appropriate.
(3) Each member, other than the Chairman, of an Authority shall be appointed by the Minister, with the approval of the Governor in Council, to hold office during pleasure for such term, not exceeding three years, as will ensure, as far as possible, the expiration in any one year of the terms of office of not more than one-half of the members of the Authority.
Marginal note:Full- or part-time
(3.1) The Chairman and the Vice-Chairman may be appointed to serve full-time or part-time.
Marginal note:Head office
(4) An Authority shall have its head office at the place named in respect of that Authority in the schedule.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-14, s. 3;
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (4th Supp.), s. 44(E);
- 1998, c. 10, s. 145.
- Date modified: