52. The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) prescribing for any region or part thereof the minimum qualifications respecting navigational certificates, experience at sea and health that an applicant for a licence or pilotage certificate shall meet before it is issued to the applicant;
(b) respecting the medical examinations that a licensed pilot or holder of a pilotage certificate shall undergo from time to time to determine whether that pilot or holder meets the qualifications respecting health prescribed under paragraph (a);
(c) prescribing the intervals at which the medical examinations required by paragraph (b) shall be held, which intervals shall be not less than once every three years;
(d) prescribing the forms of licences and pilotage certificates;
(e) prescribing rules of procedure regarding the holding of hearings by an Authority; and
(f) establishing compulsory pilotage areas where an Authority fails to do so and the Governor in Council considers it necessary.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-14, s. 52;
- R.S., 1985, c. 31 (1st Supp.), s. 86.
REPORT TO PARLIAMENT
Marginal note:Review and report by Authorities
53. (1) The Minister shall, in consultation with each Authority, its users and other persons affected, at the latest one year after the coming into force of this section, review the pilot certification process for masters and officers, training and licensing requirements for pilots, compulsory pilotage area designations, dispute resolution mechanisms and the measures taken in respect of financial self-sufficiency and cost reduction, and prepare a report of the findings.
Marginal note:Tabling of report
(2) The Minister shall have a copy of each report laid before each House of Parliament on any of the first thirty days on which that House is sitting after the Minister prepares it.
- 1998, c. 10, s. 157.
LOWER ST. LAWRENCE PILOTS' PENSIONS
54. The definitions in this section apply in this Part.
« Administration »
“Authority” means the Laurentian Pilotage Authority.
« CPBSL »
“CPBSL” means the Corporation of the Lower St. Lawrence Pilots established by letters patent under Part II of the Canada Corporations Act , chapter 53 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1952, as amended by chapter 52 of the Statutes of Canada, 1964-65, a body corporate contracting with the Authority for the services of pilots under this Act, or any successor of the Corporation that carries on similar functions.
« CPHQ »
“CPHQ” means the Corporation of Pilots for and below the Harbour of Quebec, established by chapter 123 of the Statutes of the Province of Canada, 1860 (23 Vict., c. 123).
« pilote admissible »
“eligible pilot” means a person
(a) who became a member of the CPHQ and was licensed by the Authority as a pilot before 1994; or
(b) who, on December 31, 1993, was an apprentice pilot and who, during 1994, became a member of the CPHQ and was licensed by the Authority as a pilot.
« Fonds »
“fund” means the fund established by chapter 12 of the Statutes of the Province of Lower Canada, 1805 (45 George III, c. 12) and continued by chapter 114 of the Statutes of the Province of Canada, 1848-49 (12 Vict., c. 114), as amended.
« régime de pension »
“pension plan” means the plan established by the CPHQ for the administration of the fund.
« Société »
“Société” means the general partnership composed of the members of the CPBSL and called Les Pilotes du Bas Saint-Laurent, or its successor, and includes any predecessor of the Société that carried on similar functions on behalf of those members.
- 2001, c. 26, s. 317.
- Date modified: