Marginal note:Annual report
33. (1) The chairperson of the board of directors shall, within four months after the end of each fiscal year, deliver a report on the operations of the Centre in that fiscal year to the Minister.
(2) The report shall include
(a) the financial statements of the Centre and the report of the auditor respecting those statements;
(b) a summary of the Centre’s corporate plan; and
(c) information about the Centre’s performance with respect to the objectives established in the corporate plan.
(3) The total remuneration that each officer receives in a fiscal year from the Centre, including any reimbursements or monetary benefits, and the amount of any reimbursements or monetary benefits that each director receives in a fiscal year from the Centre, shall be set out in the annual financial statements for that year.
Marginal note:Distribution of report
(4) After its annual report is delivered to the Minister, the Centre shall make the report public.
Marginal note:Annual report to be tabled
(5) The Minister shall cause a copy of the annual report to be tabled in each House of Parliament on any of the first fifteen days on which that House is sitting after the Minister receives the report.
Marginal note:Public meeting
34. (1) Within 60 days after the delivery of its annual report to the Minister, the Centre shall convene a public meeting at a city in Canada selected by the Centre to consider the report and other matters relating to the Centre’s activities during the current fiscal year.
Marginal note:Notice of meeting
(2) At least 30 days before the date of a meeting convened under subsection (1), the Centre shall give notice of the time and place of the meeting in accordance with its by-laws.
Marginal note:Minister may order dissolution
35. (1) The Minister may, by order, dissolve the Centre
(a) if the Centre has failed to make by-laws in accordance with paragraphs 17(1)(e), (g) and (i) to (k) within one year after section 9 comes into force;
(b) if the Minister is satisfied that the Centre has failed, for a period of one year, to carry on its affairs and business;
(c) if the Minister, on the expiry of any period of five years after the coming into force of section 9, after having made an evaluation of the Centre, is satisfied that the Centre is not fulfilling its mission or is no longer necessary; or
(d) on petition by the Centre supported by a resolution passed by at least two thirds of the directors.
Marginal note:Debts and liabilities
(2) In the event of the dissolution of the Centre, any property of the Centre that remains after the payment of its debts and liabilities, or after the making of adequate provision for the payment of its debts and liabilities, may be transferred to any person or institution having a mission similar to that of the Centre that the Minister specifies in the order.
(3) If the Minister dissolves the Centre, the affairs of the Centre shall be wound up in accordance with this section and any regulations made under paragraph 36(b).
- Date modified: