Remuneration and Expenses
13. Each member and each former member to whom subsection 23(2) applies shall be paid such remuneration and allowances as are fixed by the Governor in Council and is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred in the course of the member’s or former member’s duties under this Act while absent from, in the case of a full-time member or former member, their ordinary place of work and, in the case of a part-time member or former member, their ordinary place of residence.
14. (1) The Commission may meet for the conduct of its affairs at such times and in such places as are established by by-law of the Commission.
Marginal note:Telephone conferences
(2) A member may, subject to the by-laws of the Commission, participate in a meeting of the Commission by means of a telephone or other communication device that permits all persons participating in the meeting to hear one another, and a member who participates in a meeting by those means is deemed, for the purposes of this Act, to be present at the meeting.
15. The Commission may make by-laws respecting the management and conduct of its affairs and to meet its objects and carry out its duties under this Act and may, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, make by-laws
(a) respecting the calling of meetings of the Commission;
(b) respecting generally the carrying on of the work of the Commission, including establishing the number of members that constitutes a quorum of the Commission or of a panel of the Commission; and
(c) determining the procedures to be followed in proceedings other than those for which rules are otherwise prescribed.
Officers, Employees and Contractors
Marginal note:Employment of staff
16. (1) The Commission may, notwithstanding any other Act of Parliament, appoint and employ such professional, scientific, technical or other officers or employees as it considers necessary for the purposes of this Act and may establish the terms and conditions of their employment and, in consultation with the Treasury Board, fix their remuneration.
Marginal note:Delegation to President
(2) The Commission may delegate to the President any of the powers conferred on it by subsection (1).
(3) The members, officers and employees of the Commission are deemed to be employees for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of any regulations made pursuant to section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- 1997, c. 9, s. 16;
- 2002, c. 17, s. 22;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
- Date modified: