Marginal note:Where no officer in Territories
23. (1) Where in any Act of Parliament or ordinance an officer is designated to perform any duty mentioned therein and there is no such officer in the Territories, the Commissioner may order by what other person or officer the duty shall be performed, and the performance of the duty by that other person or officer pursuant to the order is lawful and valid.
Marginal note:Transmission of documents
(2) Where in any Act of Parliament or ordinance a document or thing is to be transmitted to an officer, court, territorial division or place and there is then in the Territories no such officer, court, territorial division or place, the Commissioner may order to what officer, court, territorial division or place the transmission shall be made or may dispense with the transmission and the transmission or dispensation of transmission pursuant to the order is lawful and valid.
- R.S., c. N-22, s. 19.
Northwest Territories Consolidated Revenue Fund
Marginal note:Northwest Territories C.R.F.
24. (1) All public moneys and revenue over which the Commissioner in Council has the power of appropriation shall form a fund to be known as the Northwest Territories Consolidated Revenue Fund.
Marginal note:Establishment of bank accounts
(2) The Commissioner shall establish, in the name of the government of the Territories, accounts with banks, or authorized foreign banks within the meaning of section 2 of the Bank Act that are not subject to the restrictions and requirements referred to in subsection 524(2) of that Act, in respect of their business in Canada, that the Commissioner designates for the deposit of public moneys and revenue.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-27, s. 24;
- 1999, c. 28, s. 171.
Marginal note:Recommendation of Commissioner
25. It is not lawful for the Council to adopt or pass any vote, resolution, address or bill for the appropriation of any part of the public revenue of the Territories, or of any tax or impost, to any purpose that has not been first recommended to the Council by message of the Commissioner, in the session in which the vote, resolution, address or bill is proposed.
- R.S., c. N-22, s. 21.
Marginal note:Appropriation of moneys granted by Parliament
26. When a sum of money is granted to Her Majesty by Parliament to defray expenses for a specified public service in the Territories, the power of appropriation by the Commissioner in Council over that sum is subject to the specified purpose for which it is granted.
- R.S., c. N-22, s. 22.
Marginal note:Submission of Territorial Accounts to Council
27. A report for each fiscal year of the Territories, called the Territorial Accounts, shall be laid before the Council by the Commissioner on or before such day following the termination of the fiscal year as the Council may fix, and the Council shall consider the report.
- R.S., c. N-22, s. 23;
- R.S., c. 48(1st Supp.), s. 20.
- Date modified: