Marginal note:Medical aid under one Act only
47. Notwithstanding anything in this Act, a seaman entitled to medical aid under Part 3 of the Canada Shipping Act, 2001, or under any other Act that provides similar benefits, is not entitled to medical aid under this Act during the period and to the extent that medical aid is furnished under that Part or that other Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. M-6, s. 47;
- 2001, c. 26, s. 310.
Marginal note:Reports by physician, etc.
48. Every physician, surgeon or hospital official attending, consulted respecting or having the care of any seaman shall furnish the employer from time to time with such reports as may be required by the employer in respect of that seaman, and may charge for the preparation of those reports reasonable fees as may be agreed on with the employer or, in the absence of an agreement, as the Board may approve.
- R.S., c. M-11, s. 46.
RULES AND ORDERS
Marginal note:Board may make rules, orders and by-laws
49. The Board may make such rules, orders and by-laws as it may deem expedient or necessary for regulating its procedure and for carrying any of the purposes or provisions of this Act into effect.
- R.S., c. M-11, s. 47.
Marginal note:Reports to the Minister
50. The Board shall report, from time to time, to the Minister, as he may require.
- R.S., c. M-11, s. 48.
COSTS OF ADMINISTRATION
Marginal note:Costs chargeable against employers
51. All costs incurred relative to the administration of this Act, including salaries, expenses, fees and commissions, are chargeable against the various employers, apportioned on a basis to be determined by the Board.
- R.S., c. M-11, s. 49.
- Date modified: