43. The Corporation is not entitled to apply for continuance in another jurisdiction.
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Simultaneous coming into force
Return to footnote *[Note: Part 3 in force August 1, 2012, see SI/2011-120.]
Ceasing to Have Effect
Marginal note:Ceasing to have effect
45. This Part ceases to have effect on the day on which Part 4 applies.
DISSOLUTION OF THE CANADIAN WHEAT BOARD
Marginal note:Application of Part
46. This Part applies only if the Corporation is not continued under Part 3 within five years, or any shorter period specified by the Governor in Council, after the day on which that Part comes into force.
Final Pool Period
Marginal note:Final pool period
47. (1) The Minister must, by order, in respect of each grain, designate one or more pool periods set by the Corporation under section 27 of the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act as a final pool period for the purposes of winding up the Corporation.
Marginal note:Final payment
(2) The Corporation must make all payments due under subsection 29(3) of the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act in respect of the final pool period before winding up the Corporation under section 48.
Marginal note:Exercising powers
(3) After the end of the final pool period, the Corporation may exercise its powers under the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act only for the purpose of administering that pool period and winding up the Corporation.
Distribution of Assets
Marginal note:Distribution of property
48. (1) The property of the Corporation is to be applied in satisfaction of its debts and liabilities, and the charges, costs and expenses incurred in winding-up its affairs.
(2) For greater certainty, the contingency fund established under subsection 18(1) of the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act forms part of the property of the Corporation.
Marginal note:Deadline for claims
49. (1) The Minister may fix a date by which all claims against the Corporation are to be submitted to the Corporation and must publish a notice of that date in the Canada Gazette at least 60 days before that date.
Marginal note:Failure to submit
(2) Any claim against the Corporation that is not submitted in accordance with subsection (1) is void.
- Date modified: