Marginal note:Government information
22. Subject to any other federal or territorial law and to any Tlicho law, a board may obtain from any department or agency of the federal or territorial government or the Tlicho Government any information in the possession of the department or agency or the Tlicho Government that the board requires for the performance of its functions.
- 1998, c. 25, s. 22;
- 2005, c. 1, s. 25.
Marginal note:Enforcement of orders
23. A decision or order of a board may be made an order of the Supreme Court of the Northwest Territories by the filing of a certified copy of it with the registrar of the Court, and a decision or order so filed is enforceable in the same manner as an order of that Court.
24. In addition to hearings that a board is authorized or required to hold under this Act, a board may conduct any hearings that it considers to be desirable for the purpose of carrying out any of its functions.
- 1998, c. 25, s. 24;
- 2005, c. 1, s. 26.
24.1 A board shall coordinate its activities, including hearings, with the activities of
(a) other boards;
(b) departments and agencies of the federal government that have responsibility for the administration, management and control of parks to which the Canada National Parks Act applies or lands acquired pursuant to the Historic Sites and Monuments Act;
(c) committees established under any of the land claim agreements for the management of parks to which the Canada National Parks Act applies;
(d) committees, or similar bodies, established for the management of protected areas as defined in any of the land claim agreements;
(e) renewable resources boards established under any of the land claim agreements; and
(f) land use planning bodies established for Wekeezhii or any part of Wekeezhii.
- 2005, c. 1, s. 26.
Marginal note:Judicial powers of a board
25. In proceedings before a board established under Part 3, 4 or 5, the board has the powers, rights and privileges of a superior court with respect to the attendance and examination of witnesses and the production and inspection of documents.
Marginal note:Annual budget
26. (1) A board shall in each year submit for the consideration of the federal Minister an operating budget for the following fiscal year.
(2) A board shall maintain books of account and related records in accordance with accounting principles recommended by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants or its successor.
Marginal note:Consolidated financial statements
(3) A board shall annually prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with the accounting principles referred to in subsection (2) and shall include in them such supporting information or statements as are required.
(4) The accounts, financial statements and financial transactions of a board may be audited by the Auditor General of Canada, who shall make a report of the audit to the board, which shall transmit the report to the federal Minister.
(5) The federal Minister may establish funding arrangements with each board specifying the manner in which funding will be made available pursuant to a budget approved by the federal Minister.
- Date modified: