Marginal note:Posting of security
94. Notwithstanding section 7, Her Majesty in right of Canada and, for greater certainty, the territorial government shall not be required to post security pursuant to section 71.
95. Notwithstanding subsection 14(1) of the Northwest Territories Waters Act, the Gwich’in and Sahtu First Nations and the Tlicho Government are not required to pay any fee in respect of the use of waters or the deposit of waste for non-commercial purposes on their first nation lands or Tlicho lands, as the case may be.
- 1998, c. 25, s. 95;
- 2005, c. 1, s. 54.
MACKENZIE VALLEY LAND AND WATER BOARD
Interpretation and Application
96. (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in this Part.
« Office »
“Board” means the Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board established by subsection 99(1).
« permis d’utilisation des eaux »
“licence” means a licence for the use of waters or the deposit of waste, or both, issued by the Board under the Northwest Territories Waters Act and this Part, and “licensee” has a corresponding meaning.
« permis d’utilisation des terres »
“permit” means a permit for the use of land issued by the Board under this Part, and “permittee” has a corresponding meaning.
Marginal note:Terms defined in Part 3
(2) In this Part, the expressions “first nation lands”, “land”, “management area” and “waters” have the same meaning as in Part 3.
Meaning of “permit”
(3) For the purposes of this Part, references to a permit in section 90, in the regulations made pursuant to that section and in sections 90.1, 90.2 and 92 include a permit as defined in subsection (1).
- 1998, c. 25, s. 96;
- 2005, c. 1, s. 55.
Marginal note:National parks and historic sites
97. (1) Subject to paragraph 102(2)(b), this Part does not apply in respect of the use of land or waters or the deposit of waste within a park or park reserve to which the Canada National Parks Act applies or within lands acquired pursuant to the Historic Sites and Monuments Act.
Marginal note:Consultation with Board
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), an authority responsible for authorizing uses of land or waters or deposits of waste in a portion of the Mackenzie Valley excluded by that subsection from the application of this Part shall consult the Board before authorizing any such use or deposit.
Marginal note:Consultation with authority
(3) The Board shall consult the responsible authority referred to in subsection (2) before issuing a licence, permit or authorization for a use of land or waters or deposit of waste that may have an effect in the portion of the Mackenzie Valley excluded by subsection (1) from the application of this Part.
- 1998, c. 25, s. 97;
- 2000, c. 32, s. 68.
- Date modified: