Marginal note:Application of Part
4. This Part applies in respect of employees who are employed on or in connection with the operation of any federal work, undertaking or business, in respect of the employers of all such employees in their relations with those employees and in respect of trade unions and employers’ organizations composed of those employees or employers.
- R.S., c. L-1, s. 108;
- 1972, c. 18, s. 1.
Marginal note:Crown corporations
5. (1) This Part applies in respect of any corporation established to perform any function or duty on behalf of the Government of Canada and in respect of the employees of any such corporation, except any such corporation, and the employees thereof, that the Governor in Council excludes from the operation of this Part.
(2) The Governor in Council may, pursuant to subsection (1), exclude from the operation of this Part only those corporations in respect of which a minister of the Crown, the Treasury Board or the Governor in Council is authorized to establish or to approve some or all of the terms and conditions of employment of persons employed therein.
Marginal note:Addition of name to Schedule
(3) Where the Governor in Council excludes any corporation from the operation of this Part, the Governor in Council shall, by order, add the name of that corporation to Schedule IV or V to the Financial Administration Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-2, s. 5;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 107.
Marginal note:Canadian carriers
5.1 This Part applies in respect of any Canadian carrier, as defined in section 2 of the Telecommunications Act, that is an agent of Her Majesty in right of a province and in respect of the employees of the carrier.
- 1993, c. 38, s. 88.
Marginal note:Employees of Her Majesty
6. Except as provided by section 5, this Part does not apply in respect of employment by Her Majesty in right of Canada.
- 1972, c. 18, s. 1.
Marginal note:Major projects
7. Nothing in this Part shall be construed so as to prevent the establishment of agreements on a project basis and where all the parties in a collective bargaining relationship identify themselves to the Minister as being engaged in a project that the Minister determines to be a major project, the Minister and the Board shall act as expeditiously as possible to facilitate the collective bargaining process involving those parties.
- 1984, c. 39, s. 22.
Marginal note:Employee freedoms
8. (1) Every employee is free to join the trade union of their choice and to participate in its lawful activities.
Marginal note:Employer freedoms
(2) Every employer is free to join the employers’ organization of their choice and to participate in its lawful activities.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-2, s. 8;
- 1999, c. 31, s. 162(E).
- Date modified: