Marginal note:Application of orders
19. Where, under this Part, the Board may make or issue any order or decision, prescribe any term or condition or do any other thing in relation to any person or organization, the Board may do so, either generally or in any particular case or class of cases.
- R.S., c. L-1, s. 120;
- 1972, c. 18, s. 1.
Marginal note:Interim orders
19.1 The Board may, on application by a trade union, an employer or an affected employee, make any interim order that the Board considers appropriate for the purpose of ensuring the fulfilment of the objectives of this Part.
- 1998, c. 26, s. 8.
Marginal note:Interim decision
20. (1) Where, in order to dispose finally of an application or complaint, it is necessary for the Board to determine two or more issues arising therefrom, the Board may, if it is satisfied that it can do so without prejudice to the rights of any party to the proceeding, issue a decision resolving only one or some of those issues and reserve its jurisdiction to dispose of the remaining issues.
Marginal note:Decision final
(2) A decision referred to in subsection (1) is, except as stipulated by the Board, final.
Definition of “decision”
(3) In this section, “decision” includes an order, a determination and a declaration.
- 1977-78, c. 27, s. 42.
Marginal note:Exercise of powers and duties
21. The Board shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as are conferred or imposed on it by this Part, or as may be incidental to the attainment of the objects of this Part, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, the making of orders requiring compliance with the provisions of this Part, with any regulation made under this Part or with any decision made in respect of a matter before the Board.
- R.S., c. L-1, s. 121;
- 1972, c. 18, s. 1.
Review and Enforcement of Orders
Marginal note:Orders not to be reviewed by court
22. (1) Subject to this Part, every order or decision of the Board is final and shall not be questioned or reviewed in any court, except in accordance with the Federal Courts Act on the grounds referred to in paragraph 18.1(4)(a), (b) or (e) of that Act.
Marginal note:Standing of Board
(1.1) The Board has standing to appear in proceedings referred to in subsection (1) for the purpose of making submissions regarding the standard of review to be used with respect to decisions of the Board and the Board’s jurisdiction, policies and procedures.
Marginal note:No review by certiorari, etc.
(2) Except as permitted by subsection (1), no order, decision or proceeding of the Board made or carried on under or purporting to be made or carried on under this Part shall
(a) be questioned, reviewed, prohibited or restrained, or
(b) be made the subject of any proceedings in or any process of any court, whether by way of injunction, certiorari, prohibition, quo warranto or otherwise,
on any ground, including the ground that the order, decision or proceeding is beyond the jurisdiction of the Board to make or carry on or that, in the course of any proceeding, the Board for any reason exceeded or lost its jurisdiction.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-2, s. 22;
- 1990, c. 8, s. 56;
- 1998, c. 26, s. 9;
- 2002, c. 8, s. 182.
- Date modified: