8. The Minister shall make a continuing study of feed grain requirements in Eastern Canada and British Columbia, of the availability of feed grain and of the requirements for additional feed grain storage facilities in those areas.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-10, s. 8;
- 1991, c. 38, s. 19.
9. to 14. [Repealed, 1991, c. 38, s. 20]
Marginal note:Advisory Committee
15. (1) The Minister may establish an Advisory Committee consisting of a chairperson and not less than four or more than six other members, to be appointed from among persons engaged in the transportation, storage, marketing or consumption of feed grain.
(2) The Advisory Committee shall meet at least once a year and shall advise the Minister with respect to the administration of this Act.
Marginal note:Remuneration and expenses
(3) Each member of the Advisory Committee may be paid for services under this section such remuneration and expenses as the Governor in Council may fix.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-10, s. 15;
- 1991, c. 38, s. 20.
16. to 18. [Repealed, 1991, c. 38, s. 20]
19. The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) prescribing, with respect to payments related to the cost of feed grain storage and with respect to payments related to the cost of feed grain transportation, the classes of persons to whom and the terms and conditions on which such payments may be made and the rate of such payments within each of such areas within Eastern Canada, British Columbia, Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut as may be prescribed by the regulations;
(b) [Repealed, 1991, c. 38, s. 21]
(c) designating, for the purposes of this Act,
(i) any area in Ontario lying west of the eighty-ninth meridian of west longitude to be part of Eastern Canada,
(ii) any grade of wheat grown in the designated area not to be a feed grain,
(iii) any grain or grain product to be a feed grain, or
(iv) any class of livestock to be livestock; and
(d) [Repealed, 1991, c. 38, s. 21]
(e) with respect to any other matter concerning which the Governor in Council deems regulations necessary or desirable to carry out the purposes and provisions of this Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-10, s. 19;
- 1991, c. 38, s. 21;
- 1993, c. 28, s. 78;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 204(E).
- Date modified: