Marginal note:Head Office
8. (1) The head office of the Board shall be at such place in Canada as the Governor in Council may, by order, designate.
(2) The Board may sit at such time and at such place in Canada as it considers necessary or desirable for the proper conduct of its business.
(3) The Board may make rules respecting
(a) the sittings of the Board;
(b) the manner of dealing with matters and business before the Board; and
(c) the exercise of the powers and performance of the duties and functions of the Board generally.
(4) The Minister may, on request of the Board, provide the Board with such professional, technical, secretarial, clerical and other assistance as is necessary for the proper conduct of the business of the Board.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 89, s. 7.
Marginal note:Powers and duties
9. The Board shall exercise such powers and perform such duties and functions as are conferred or imposed on it by, or as may be incidental to the attainment of the objects of, this Act.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 89, s. 8.
ENTITLEMENT TO LABOUR ADJUSTMENT BENEFITS
Marginal note:Entitlement to benefits
10. Labour adjustment benefits are payable as provided in this Act to any qualified employee.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 89, s. 9.
CERTIFICATION BY BOARD
Marginal note:Application for certification
11. (1) Any employee who has been laid off may apply, directly or through an employer, trade union or any person, to the Board for certification that he is eligible to apply to the Commission for labour adjustment benefits.
Marginal note:Form and content of application
(2) An application under subsection (1) shall be submitted in such form and manner as the Board may direct and shall set out the name of the employee in respect of whom the application is being made and such other information as the Board may require.
(3) On receipt of an application under subsection (1), the Board shall carry out such investigation as it considers necessary for the purpose of determining the eligibility of the employee named in the application to apply to the Commission for labour adjustment benefits and for that purpose the Board shall determine the date the employee was laid off.
Marginal note:Decision on application
(4) On completion of its investigation under subsection (3), the Board shall determine whether or not the employee is eligible to apply to the Commission for labour adjustment benefits and shall notify the applicant in writing of its decision.
(5) Where the Board determines pursuant to subsection (4) that an employee is eligible to apply to the Commission for labour adjustment benefits, it shall so certify in writing to the Commission.
Marginal note:Content of certification
(6) Certification under subsection (5) shall be submitted in such form and manner as the Commission may direct and shall set out the name of the employee certified, his effective date of lay-off and such other information respecting the lay-off of the employee as the Commission may require.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 89, s. 10;
- 1984, c. 40, s. 79(E).
- Date modified: