Marginal note:Application of sections 125 and 134 of the Employment Insurance Act
29. (1) Sections 125 and 134 of the Employment Insurance Act apply, with such modifications as the circumstances require, in respect of any prosecution or other proceeding under this Act as though it were a prosecution or other proceeding under that Act.
Marginal note:Application of subsections 126(14) to (22) of the Employment Insurance Act
(2) Subsections 126(14) to (22) of the Employment Insurance Act apply, with such modifications as the circumstances require, in respect of the administration and enforcement of this Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-1, s. 29;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 92;
- 1996, c. 23, s. 182.
30. The Commission may consult with the Board either generally or with respect to any particular application under this Act.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 89, s. 25.
Marginal note:Board’s decision final
Marginal note:Appeal of Commission decision
(2) Any person may, at any time within 30 days after the day a decision of the Commission under this Act, other than subsection 14(2) or (3), is communicated to him or her, or within any further time that the Commission may in any particular case for special reason allow, appeal to the Social Security Tribunal.
(3) [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 275]
Marginal note:Amendment of decision
(4) Notwithstanding subsection (1), the Board or the Commission may rescind or amend any decision it takes under this Act on the presentation of new facts or on being satisfied that the decision was given without knowledge of, or was based on a mistake as to, some material fact.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-1, s. 31;
- 1996, c. 23, s. 187;
- 2002, c. 8, s. 182;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 275.
Marginal note:Confidential information
32. (1) All written or oral information that is obtained by the Board or the Commission in the course of carrying out its duties under this Act is privileged and shall be made available only to persons engaged in the administration or enforcement of this Act and neither the Board, the Commission, the Minister nor any such person is compellable to give evidence relating to that information or to produce any document containing that information.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of proceedings before any court of law relating to the administration and enforcement of this Act.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 89, s. 27.
- Date modified: