Marginal note:Right to attend meetings
899. (1) The auditor of an insurance holding company is entitled to receive notice of every meeting of shareholders and, at the expense of the insurance holding company, to attend and be heard at those meetings on matters relating to the duties of the auditor.
Marginal note:Duty to attend meeting
(2) If a director or a shareholder of an insurance holding company, whether or not the shareholder is entitled to vote at the meeting, gives written notice, not less than ten days before a meeting of shareholders, to an auditor or former auditor of the insurance holding company that the director or shareholder wishes the auditor’s attendance at the meeting, the auditor or former auditor shall attend the meeting at the expense of the insurance holding company and answer questions relating to the auditor’s or former auditor’s duties as auditor.
Marginal note:Notice to insurance holding company
(3) A director or shareholder who gives notice under subsection (2) shall send concurrently a copy of the notice to the insurance holding company and the insurance holding company shall forthwith send a copy thereof to the Superintendent.
Marginal note:Superintendent may attend
(4) The Superintendent may attend and be heard at any meeting referred to in subsection (2).
- 2001, c. 9, s. 465.
Marginal note:Statement of auditor
900. (1) An auditor of an insurance holding company who
(b) receives a notice or otherwise learns of a meeting of shareholders called for the purpose of revoking the appointment of the auditor, or
(c) receives a notice or otherwise learns of a meeting of directors or shareholders at which another person is to be appointed in the auditor’s stead, whether because of the auditor’s resignation or revocation of appointment or because the auditor’s term of office has expired or is about to expire,
shall submit to the insurance holding company and the Superintendent a written statement giving the reasons for the resignation or the reasons why the auditor opposes any proposed action.
Marginal note:Other statements
(1.1) In the case of a proposed replacement of an auditor whether because of removal or the expiry of their term, the insurance holding company shall make a statement of the reasons for the proposed replacement and the proposed replacement auditor may make a statement in which they comment on those reasons.
Marginal note:Statements to be sent
(2) The insurance holding company shall send a copy of the statements referred to in subsections (1) and (1.1) without delay to every shareholder entitled to vote at the annual meeting of shareholders and to the Superintendent.
- 2001, c. 9, s. 465;
- 2005, c. 54, s. 355.
- Date modified: