43. The Governor in Council may, by regulation, prescribe
(a) individuals or classes of individuals for the purpose of the definition “public officer” in subsection 30(1);
(b) federal institutions, for the purposes of subsection 35(1), to which the information referred to in that subsection may be made available, and the federal or provincial laws or activities for whose administration or enforcement the information may be made available; and
(c) provincial activities, for the purposes of subsections 36(1) and 36.2(1), in respect of which the information referred to in those subsections may be made available.
- 2005, c. 34, s. 43;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 291.
SOCIAL SECURITY TRIBUNAL
Establishment and Administration
Marginal note:Establishment of Tribunal
44. (1) There is established a tribunal to be known as the Social Security Tribunal, consisting of a General Division and an Appeal Division.
Marginal note:General Division
(2) The General Division consists of the Income Security Section and the Employment Insurance Section.
- 2005, c. 34, ss. 44, 83;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 224.
45. (1) The Tribunal consists of not more than 74 full-time members to be appointed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Chairperson and Vice-chairpersons
(2) The Governor in Council designates one of the full-time members to hold office as the Chairperson and three full-time members to hold office as Vice-chairpersons, one of whom is responsible for the Appeal Division, one of whom is responsible for the Income Security Section and one of whom is responsible for the Employment Insurance Section.
Marginal note:Part-time members
(3) In addition, the Tribunal consists of any number of part-time members, to be appointed by the Governor in Council if, in the Governor in Council’s opinion, the workload of the Tribunal so requires, so long as the combined time devoted to their functions and duties does not exceed the combined time that would be devoted by 11 full-time members.
(4) Each full-time member of the Tribunal is to be appointed for a term of not more than five years, and each part-time member is to be appointed for a term of not more than two years. A member may be reappointed for one or more additional terms.
(5) Each member of the Tribunal holds office during good behaviour and may be removed for cause by the Governor in Council at any time.
- 2005, c. 34, ss. 45, 83;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 224.
- Date modified: