Inspectors and Officers
32. (1) The President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency may designate under section 13 of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Act analysts, inspectors, veterinary inspectors and officers for the purposes of this Act.
(1.1) The President of the Canada Border Services Agency may designate inspectors under paragraph 9(2)(b) of the Canada Border Services Agency Act for the purposes of enforcing this Act.
Marginal note:Certificate to be produced
(2) Inspectors, officers and veterinary inspectors shall be given certificates in a form established by the President of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency or the President of the Canada Border Services Agency, as the case may be, attesting to their designation and, on entering any place under this Act, an inspector, officer or veterinary inspector shall show the certificate to the person in charge of the place if the person requests proof of the designation.
- 1990, c. 21, s. 32;
- 1997, c. 6, s. 68;
- 2005, c. 38, s. 117.
Marginal note:Inspectors and officers may exercise Minister’s powers
33. (1) An inspector or officer may, subject to any restrictions or limitations specified by the Minister, exercise any of the powers and perform any of the duties or functions of the Minister under this Act, except the powers mentioned in subsections 27(1) and 27.1(1) and (2) and sections 27.4 and 27.5.
Marginal note:Minister’s power — section 27.3
(2) An inspector or officer may, subject to any restrictions or limitations specified by the Minister, exercise the Minister’s powers under section 27.3 only in respect of orders made under subsections 27(2) and 27.1(3) and (4).
- 1990, c. 21, s. 33;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 509.
34. For the purposes of this Act, the Minister may enter into an agreement with any qualified person to perform such duties or functions as the Minister may specify, on such terms and conditions as the Minister may specify.
Marginal note:Impeding analyst, inspector or officer
35. (1) No person shall obstruct or hinder or make any false or misleading statement either orally or in writing to an analyst, inspector or officer who is performing duties or functions under this Act or the regulations.
Marginal note:Assistance to inspectors and officers
(2) The owner or the person in charge of a place entered by an inspector or officer under section 38 and every person found in the place shall
(a) give the inspector or officer all reasonable assistance in the owner’s or person’s power to enable the inspector or officer to perform duties and functions under this Act or the regulations; and
(b) furnish the inspector or officer with such information relevant to the administration of this Act or the regulations as the inspector or officer may reasonably require.
Marginal note:Assistance of peace officer
(3) A peace officer shall provide such assistance as an inspector or officer may request for the purpose of enforcing this Act or the regulations.
- Date modified: