13. For the purposes of this Part, the bargaining agent is deemed to be a person.
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Coming into force
14. This Part and Schedule 1 come into force on the expiration of the twelfth hour after the time this Act is assented to.
15. (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in this Part.
« agent négociateur »
“bargaining agent” means the Public Service Alliance of Canada.
« fonctionnaire »
“employee” means a person employed in the Public Service who is bound by a group specific agreement.
« employeur »
“employer” means Her Majesty in right of Canada as represented by the Treasury Board.
« services gouvernementaux »
“government services” means the services provided by that part of the Public Service in which the employees are employed.
“group specific agreement”
« convention particulière »
“group specific agreement” means any agreement specified in Schedule 2.
« convention cadre »
“master agreement” means the collective agreement between the employer and the bargaining agent signed on May 17, 1989, as amended and extended after that date.
Marginal note:Words and expressions
(2) Unless otherwise provided, words and expressions used in this Part have the same meaning as in the Public Service Staff Relations Act.
Marginal note:Resumption or continuation of government services
16. On the coming into force of this Part,
(a) the employer shall resume without delay, or continue, as the case may be, government services; and
(b) every employee shall, when so required, resume without delay, or continue, as the case may be, the duties of that employee’s employment.
- Date modified: