Marginal note:Facilities, equipment and maintenance
56. (1) A licensee operating an elevator shall install in it such equipment, provide such facilities and maintain the equipment and structure of the elevator in such condition as may be prescribed in respect of elevators of that type or required by order of the Commission in respect of that elevator to ensure, as may be applicable, the efficient and accurate weighing, sampling, inspection, grading, drying, cleaning and accommodation of all grain, grain products and screenings received into or discharged from the elevator.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), no operator of a primary elevator shall be required pursuant to that subsection to install cleaning or drying equipment.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 56;
- 1998, c. 22, s. 11.
Marginal note:Prohibited receipt into elevators
57. Except as may be authorized by regulation or by order of the Commission, no licensee operating an elevator shall receive into the elevator
(a) any grain, grain product or screenings unless the grain, grain product or screenings is weighed at the elevator immediately before or during receipt;
(b) any material or substance for storage other than grain, grain products or screenings; or
(c) [Repealed, 2005, c. 24, s. 1]
(d) any grain that the operator has reason to believe is infested or contaminated.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 57;
- 1998, c. 22, s. 12;
- 2005, c. 24, s. 1.
Marginal note:Grain out of condition
58. Except as required by order of the Commission, no operator of a licensed elevator is required to receive into the elevator any grain that has gone or is likely to go out of condition.
- 1970-71-72, c. 7, s. 46.
Marginal note:Operator to exercise care and diligence
59. The operator of a licensed elevator shall exercise reasonable care and diligence to prevent any grain in the elevator from suffering damage or from deteriorating or going out of condition.
- 1970-71-72, c. 7, s. 47.
Marginal note:Receipt of grain
60. Subject to section 58 and any order made under section 118, the operator of every licensed primary elevator shall, at all reasonable hours on each day on which the elevator is open, without discrimination and in the order in which grain arrives and is lawfully offered at the elevator, receive into the elevator all grain so lawfully offered for which there is, in the elevator, available storage accommodation of the type required by the person by whom the grain is offered.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 60;
- 1998, c. 22, s. 25(F).
- Date modified: