Fort Nelson Indian Reserve Minerals Revenue Sharing Act
S.C. 1980-81-82-83, c. 38
Assented to 1980-07-17
An Act to implement an agreement between Her Majesty in right of the Province of British Columbia and Her Majesty in right of Canada respecting the sharing of revenues from the exploitation of minerals in the Fort Nelson Indian Reserve
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:
Marginal note:Short title
1. This Act may be cited as the Fort Nelson Indian Reserve Minerals Revenue Sharing Act.
2. In this Act,
« accord »
“agreement” means the agreement and Schedules A, B and D thereto set out in the schedule to this Act and includes Schedule C thereto, being a map not set out in the schedule to this Act but tabled in the House of Commons by the Minister on May 29, 1980 and recorded as document number 321-7/6;
« Ministre »
“Minister” means the Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development.
Marginal note:Agreement approved
3. The agreement is approved and declared to have the force of law and shall be deemed to have come into force on January 1, 1977.
Marginal note:Inconsistency or conflict
4. Where there is any inconsistency or conflict between this Act or the agreement and any other Act of Parliament, this Act and the agreement prevail to the extent of the inconsistency or conflict.
5. The Minister may make such regulations as are necessary for the purpose of carrying out the agreement.
Marginal note:Amendment given effect
6. The Governor in Council may, by order, consent to and give effect to any amendment to the agreement that is made in accordance with the agreement.
Marginal note:Tabling order
7. An order under section 6, together with the amendment to which the order relates, shall be laid before Parliament not later than the fifteenth sitting day of either House of Parliament after it is issued.
Marginal note:Coming into force
Return to footnote *[Note: Act in force September 18, 1980, see SI/80-172.]
9. This Act applies to the Fort Nelson Indian Band and to no other Indian Band.
- Date modified: