Marginal note:Disclosure of information
11. Information submitted for the purposes of administering a program established under an agreement may be communicated, disclosed or made available to an official of the Canada Revenue Agency solely for the purposes of administering or enforcing the Income Tax Act.
- 1991, c. 22, s. 11;
- 1999, c. 17, s. 159;
- 2005, c. 38, s. 138.
Marginal note:Special Measures Committee
12. (1) Where the Minister is of the opinion that exceptional circumstances exist that require that action be taken outside the scope of a program established under an agreement, the Minister may implement such procedures or other special measures as the Minister considers necessary to determine the appropriate action to be taken to remedy those circumstances, including the appointment of a committee, to be known as a Special Measures Committee, which shall consist of members representing Canada, the provinces concerned, producers and any other group of persons that the Minister considers appropriate.
Marginal note:Terms of appointment
(2) The members of a Special Measures Committee may be appointed for such terms and may be paid such remuneration and expenses as are fixed by the Minister.
Marginal note:Reference by Minister
(3) The Minister may make a reference to a Special Measures Committee where the Minister considers that special circumstances exist that require the examination or analysis of a situation affecting producers of an agricultural product in any region of Canada.
(4) A Special Measures Committee
(a) shall, on a reference made pursuant to subsection (3), examine or analyse the situation and shall submit a report, at the time, in the manner and to the persons specified by the Minister in the terms of reference of the examination or analysis, containing any recommendation with respect to any program established under an agreement or any other recommendation, including farm adjustment measures or measures to encourage improved farm management, that the Committee considers appropriate in the circumstances; and
(b) may exercise such powers and shall perform such other duties and functions as are specified by the Minister.
Marginal note:Order in Council
(5) The Governor in Council may, by order, authorize the Minister to enter into an agreement with one or more provinces, or to take any other appropriate action, that the Governor in Council deems to be necessary for the purpose of assisting producers of agricultural products following the implementation of any procedures or other special measures pursuant to subsection (1).
Marginal note:Preference to existing programs
(6) In acting pursuant to an authorization referred to in subsection (5), the Minister shall, whenever possible, take action within the scope of a program established under an agreement.
Marginal note:Tabling of order
(7) The Minister shall, as soon as possible after an order is made pursuant to subsection (5), cause a copy of the order to be laid before each House of Parliament.
- Date modified: