INQUIRIES INTO ACCIDENTS
Marginal note:Minister may direct inquiry
26. (1) The Minister may direct an inquiry to be made, subject to the Canadian Transportation Accident Investigation and Safety Board Act, whenever an accident or incident that results or is likely to result in death or injury to any person, damage to property or danger to the health or safety of the public has occurred at any scheduled harbour and authorize any qualified persons to conduct the inquiry.
Marginal note:Powers of persons conducting inquiries
(2) Every person authorized by the Minister to conduct an inquiry under subsection (1) shall have all the powers of a commissioner appointed under Part I of the Inquiries Act.
(3) [Repealed, 1989, c. 3, s. 44]
- R.S., 1985, c. F-24, s. 26;
- 1989, c. 3, s. 44.
OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
Marginal note:Appointment of officers or employees
27. For the purposes of this Act, the Minister may appoint and fix the remuneration of such officers or employees as the Minister thinks proper for the operation, administration and management of any scheduled harbours, and the officers or employees so appointed shall perform such duties or functions as the Minister may direct or as may be prescribed by regulations made under this Act.
- 1977-78, c. 30, s. 27.
- Date modified: