Marginal note:Services, etc., of other departments
4. The Minister shall, in carrying out any project or economic study under this Act, make use, wherever possible, of the services and facilities of other departments of the Government of Canada or of any agencies thereof.
- R.S., c. F-21, s. 4.
Marginal note:Minister may make payments
5. The Minister may make payments to such persons or classes of persons, in such amounts and on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed by the Governor in Council,
(a) for the construction and equipment of commercial cold storages, or commercial bait freezing facilities equipped with mechanical refrigeration, that will be suitable for the preservation of fishery products;
(b) for the modification of commercial cold storages, or commercial bait freezing facilities equipped with mechanical refrigeration, to make the cold storages or bait freezing facilities suitable for the preservation of fishery products;
(c) for the construction, modification, conversion and equipment of fishing vessels; and
(d) for the construction and equipment of commercial ice-making and ice-storing facilities, or commercial fish-chilling facilities, that will contribute to improvements in productivity in commercial fishing operations.
- R.S., c. F-21, s. 5;
- 1973-74, c. 25, s. 1;
- 1974, c. 4, s. 1.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AGREEMENTS
Marginal note:Provisions to be included in agreements
6. Every agreement entered into pursuant to subsection 3(2) or (3) shall specify
(a) the respective proportions of the cost of any project to which the agreement relates that are to be paid by the Minister and the province, or the contribution in respect of any such project that is to be paid by the Minister, and the times at which the amounts to be paid by the Minister or the province are to be paid;
(b) the authority that is to be responsible for the undertaking, operation and maintenance of any project or any part thereof to which the agreement relates;
(c) the respective proportions of the revenues from any project to which the agreement relates that are to be paid to the Minister and the province; and
(d) the terms and conditions respecting the operation and maintenance of any project to which the agreement relates and the charges, if any, to be charged to persons to whom any of the benefits of the project are made available.
- R.S., c. F-21, s. 6.
Marginal note:Advisory committees
7. (1) The Minister may, in order to carry out the purposes and provisions of this Act, establish such advisory committees as he deems necessary and appoint the members thereof.
Marginal note:Remuneration and expenses of members
(2) Each member of a committee established under subsection (1) is entitled to be paid such amount for each day he attends any meeting of the committee as may be fixed by the Governor in Council and is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses while absent from his ordinary place of residence in the course of his duties under this Act.
- R.S., c. F-21, s. 7.
- Date modified: