Marginal note:Consolidated quarterly reports
151. (1) The President of the Treasury Board shall, as soon as feasible after the end of each fiscal quarter of each fiscal year, make public a consolidated quarterly report on the business and activities of all parent Crown corporations, based on the quarterly financial reports that have been made public under subsection 131.1(3), and the annual reports of those corporations that were laid before Parliament under subsection 150(1), in that fiscal quarter.
(2) The consolidated quarterly report shall include
(a) a list naming all Crown corporations;
(b) the names of all or any corporations of which any shares are held by, on behalf of or in trust for the Crown or a Crown corporation, as the President of the Treasury Board considers appropriate;
(c) financial data in respect of the parent Crown corporations, including their aggregate borrowings;
(d) information indicating, in respect of the summaries and annual reports that were to be laid before each House of Parliament under this Part during the fiscal quarter to which the consolidated quarterly report relates, the time at, before or within which they were to be laid and the time that they were in fact laid before that House;
(e) a list naming any parent Crown corporation that does not make public a report as required by subsection 131.1(3), if the 60-day period to do so ends in the fiscal quarter to which the consolidated quarterly report relates; and
(f) any other information that the President of the Treasury Board may require.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 151;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 220.
152. [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 220]
Commercially Detrimental Information
Marginal note:Commercially detrimental information
153. (1) Nothing in this Part or the Statutory Instruments Act shall be construed as requiring the tabling before either House of Parliament of any information the publication of which, in the opinion of the appropriate Minister, would be detrimental to the commercial interests of a parent Crown corporation or a wholly-owned subsidiary of a parent Crown corporation.
(2) Where information in a directive is not tabled pursuant to subsection (1), the appropriate Minister shall cause that information to be laid before each House of Parliament on any of the first fifteen days on which that House is sitting after he is notified that the directive has been implemented.
(3) Before forming an opinion whether the publication of any information would be detrimental as described in subsection (1), the appropriate Minister shall consult the board of directors of the parent Crown corporation concerned or whose wholly-owned subsidiary is concerned, as the case may be.
(4) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of the annual auditor’s report referred to in subsection 132(1) or the report of an examiner referred to in section 141.
- 1984, c. 31, s. 11.
- Date modified: