Marginal note:Summary of plan or budget
125. (1) After a corporate plan, operating budget or capital budget, or an amendment thereto, is approved pursuant to section 122, 123 or 124, the parent Crown corporation shall submit a summary of the plan or budget, or the plan or budget as so amended, to the appropriate Minister for his approval.
Marginal note:Scope of summary
(2) A summary shall encompass all the businesses and activities, including investments, of the parent Crown corporation and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, if any, and shall set out the major business decisions taken with respect thereto.
Marginal note:Form of summary
(3) A summary shall be prepared in a form that clearly sets out information according to the major businesses or activities of the parent Crown corporation and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, if any.
Marginal note:Tabling in Parliament
(4) The appropriate Minister shall cause a copy of every summary he approves pursuant to this section to be laid before each House of Parliament.
Marginal note:Reference to committee
(5) A summary laid before Parliament pursuant to subsection (4) stands permanently referred to such committee of Parliament as may be designated or established to review matters relating to the businesses and activities of the corporation submitting the summary.
- 1984, c. 31, s. 11.
126. In addition to any other requirements under this Act or any other Act of Parliament with respect thereto, the Treasury Board may make regulations
(a) prescribing the form in which corporate plans, budgets, summaries or amendments required under section 122, 123, 124 or 125 shall be prepared, the information to be included therein and the time at, before or within which they are to be submitted and summaries are to be laid before each House of Parliament;
(b) prescribing the period to be covered by corporate plans under section 122, either generally or in respect of any specified parent Crown corporation or any parent Crown corporation of a specified class; and
(c) defining for the purpose of this Division the expression “vary significantly”.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 126;
- 1991, c. 24, s. 38.
Marginal note:Intended borrowing
127. (1) Where a parent Crown corporation or a wholly-owned subsidiary of a parent Crown corporation intends to borrow money, the corporation shall so indicate in its corporate plan or an amendment thereto under section 122 for the period in which the corporation or subsidiary intends to borrow and shall give a general indication therein of the borrowing plans and strategy of the corporation or subsidiary for that period.
Marginal note:Recommendation of Minister of Finance
(2) Where a parent Crown corporation indicates in a corporate plan or an amendment to a corporate plan an intention to borrow money, the Minister of Finance may require that his recommendation, in addition to that of the appropriate Minister, be obtained before the plan or amendment is submitted to the Governor in Council for approval.
Marginal note:Particular borrowing
(3) No Crown corporation shall enter into any particular transaction to borrow money without the approval of the Minister of Finance with respect to the time and the terms and conditions of the transaction.
(4) The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Minister of Finance, make regulations
(a) exempting a specified Crown corporation or a Crown corporation of a specified class from the application of subsection (3), either generally or in respect of any specified borrowing or any borrowing of a specified class;
(b) deeming a specified transaction or a transaction of a specified class to be, for the purposes of this Part, a transaction to borrow money; and
(c) specifying the manner of granting approvals under subsection (3) and the circumstances in which an approval under that subsection is deemed to have been granted in respect of borrowing by Crown corporations.
Marginal note:Limitations preserved
(5) Nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing a Crown corporation to borrow money in excess of any limit established by any other Act of Parliament on the amount of money the corporation may borrow.
- 1984, c. 31, s. 11.
- Date modified: