Marginal note:Accountable advances
38. (1) The Treasury Board may make regulations
(a) authorizing the making of accountable advances chargeable to the appropriation for the service in respect of which the advance is made; and
(b) providing for the repayment of, accounting for and recovery of accountable advances.
(2) Any accountable advance or any portion thereof that is not repaid, accounted for or recovered in accordance with the regulations may be recovered out of any moneys payable by Her Majesty to the person to whom the advance was made or, where the person is deceased, out of any moneys payable by Her Majesty to the estate of that person.
(3) Every accountable advance that is not repaid, accounted for or recovered by the end of the fiscal year in which it was made shall be reported in the Public Accounts for that year.
- R.S., c. F-10, s. 31;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 170, s. 9.
Marginal note:Crediting of refunds
39. Subject to such directions as the Treasury Board may make, any amount received as
(a) a refund of an expenditure,
(b) a repayment of an advance,
(c) a refund or repayment of an overpayment,
(d) a rebate, including a tax rebate or some other price adjustment on a payment,
(e) a reimbursement pursuant to a cost-sharing arrangement,
(f) a recovery from an indemnification, or
(g) a recovery under a claim for loss of or damage to a Crown asset
shall be credited to the appropriation against which the related expenditure, advance or payment was charged.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 39;
- 1991, c. 24, s. 16.
Marginal note:Term of contract that money available
40. (1) It is a term of every contract providing for the payment of any money by Her Majesty that payment under that contract is subject to there being an appropriation for the particular service for the fiscal year in which any commitment under that contract would come in course of payment.
Marginal note:Public opinion research
(2) It is a term of every contract for public opinion research entered into by any person with Her Majesty that a written report will be provided by that person.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 40;
- 1991, c. 24, s. 50(F);
- 2006, c. 9, s. 309.
40.1 The Government of Canada is committed to taking appropriate measures to promote fairness, openness and transparency in the bidding process for contracts with Her Majesty for the performance of work, the supply of goods or the rendering of services.
- 2006, c. 9, s. 310.
- Date modified: