Marginal note:Payments out of C.R.F.
- R.S., c. F-10, s. 19.
27. All estimates of expenditures submitted to Parliament shall be in respect of payments during the fiscal year to which the estimates relate and expenditures that will be incurred during that fiscal year.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 27;
- 1991, c. 24, s. 11.
Marginal note:Warrant of Governor General
28. Where an appropriation is made for any purpose in any Act of Parliament for granting to Her Majesty any sum of money to defray expenses of the federal public administration for a fiscal year, no payment shall be made pursuant to that appropriation out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund unless a warrant, prepared on the order of the Governor in Council, has been signed by the Governor General authorizing expenditures to be charged against the appropriation, and no payments in excess of the amount of expenditures so authorized shall be made.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 28;
- 1999, c. 31, s. 105(F);
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
Marginal note:Payment of guarantee
29. (1) Where a guarantee has been given under the authority of Parliament by or on behalf of Her Majesty for the payment of any debt or obligation, any amount required to be paid by the terms of the guarantee may, subject to the Act authorizing the guarantee, be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.
Marginal note:Authority for guarantee
(2) An authority referred to in subsection (1) may be contained in an appropriation Act.
- R.S., c. F-10, s. 22;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 170, s. 6.
Marginal note:Expenditure of revenues by departmental corporations
29.1 (1) A departmental corporation may expend during a fiscal year, for the purposes of the departmental corporation, any revenues that it receives in that fiscal year through the conduct of its operations.
Marginal note:Expenditure by departments
(2) A department may, in respect of its approved programs or authorized expenditures, be authorized by an appropriation Act
(a) for the purposes that are specified in that Act, to expend revenues that it receives in a fiscal year through the conduct of its operations to offset expenditures that it incurs in that fiscal year; and
(b) for such purposes and with such drawdown limit as are specified in that Act, to establish a revolving fund.
Marginal note:Amendment of revolving fund
(3) The purposes and drawdown limit of a revolving fund referred to in subsection (2) may be amended by means of an appropriation Act.
(4) The operation of a revolving fund and the spending of revenues pursuant to this or any other Act of Parliament is, in addition to any limitation imposed by statute, subject to such terms and conditions as the Treasury Board may direct.
- 1991, c. 24, s. 12.
- Date modified: