Marginal note:Gun collectors
30. The criteria referred to in subparagraph 28(b)(ii) are that the individual
(a) has knowledge of the historical, technological or scientific characteristics that relate or distinguish the restricted firearms or handguns that he or she possesses;
(b) has consented to the periodic inspection, conducted in a reasonable manner, of the premises in which the restricted firearms or handguns are to be kept; and
(c) has complied with such other requirements as are prescribed respecting knowledge, secure storage and the keeping of records in respect of restricted firearms or handguns.
31. (1) On being informed of a proposed transfer of a firearm, the Registrar may
(a) issue a new registration certificate for the firearm in accordance with this Act; and
(b) revoke any registration certificate for the firearm held by the transferor.
Marginal note:Transfers of firearms to the Crown and to the police
(2) On being informed of a transfer of a firearm to Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province or to a police force, the Registrar shall revoke any registration certificate for the firearm.
Marginal note:Mail-order transfers of firearms
32. A person may transfer a firearm by mail only if
(a) the verifications, notifications, issuances and authorizations referred to in sections 21 to 28, 30, 31, 40 to 43 and 46 to 52 take place within a reasonable period before the transfer in the prescribed manner; and
(b) [Repealed, 2003, c. 8, s. 24]
(c) the prescribed conditions are complied with.
- 1995, c. 39, s. 32;
- 2003, c. 8, s. 24.
Marginal note:Authorization to lend
33. Subject to section 34, a person may lend a firearm only if
(a) the person
(i) has reasonable grounds to believe that the borrower holds a licence authorizing the borrower to possess that kind of firearm, and
(ii) in the case of a prohibited firearm or a restricted firearm, lends the registration certificate for it to the borrower; or
(b) the borrower uses the firearm under the direct and immediate supervision of the person in the same manner in which the person may lawfully use it.
- 1995, c. 39, s. 33;
- 2012, c. 6, s. 14.
Marginal note:Authorization to lend firearms, etc., to the Crown, etc.
34. A person may lend a firearm, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device, ammunition or prohibited ammunition to Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province, to a police force or to a municipality if
(a) in the case of a prohibited firearm or a restricted firearm, the transferor lends the registration certificate for it to the borrower; and
(b) the prescribed conditions are complied with.
- 1995, c. 39, s. 34;
- 2003, c. 8, s. 25;
- 2012, c. 6, s. 15.
- Date modified: