Marginal note:Information banks that may be searched
15. The information banks that may be searched under this Part are the information banks designated by the regulations from among the information banks controlled by the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development, the Canada Revenue Agency and the Canada Employment Insurance Commission.
- R.S., 1985, c. 4 (2nd Supp.), s. 15;
- 1996, c. 11, ss. 97, 99;
- 1997, c. 1, s. 19;
- 1999, c. 31, s. 91(F);
- 2005, c. 35, s. 66, c. 38, ss. 111, 146;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 695.
Marginal note:Information that may be released
16. The information that may be searched for and released under this Part is
(a) the address of the person who, as the case may be,
(i) is in arrears under the support provision to which the application relates,
(ii) is believed to have possession of the child or children who is or are the object of the custody provision or access right to which the application relates, or
(iii) is believed to have possession of the child or children who is or are the object of the investigation pursuant to section 282 or 283 of the Criminal Code to which the application relates;
(b) the name and address of the employer of the person referred to in paragraph (a);
(c) the address of the child or children to whom the application relates; and
(d) the name and address of the employer of every child to whom the application relates.
Processing of Applications
Marginal note:Request to information bank directors
17. Forthwith on the receipt of an application under section 13, the Minister shall transmit a search request to the information bank directors who shall, in accordance with the regulations, cause their designated information banks to be searched forthwith and periodically during the twelve month period immediately following the receipt by the Minister of the application.
- R.S., 1985, c. 4 (2nd Supp.), s. 17;
- 1993, c. 8, s. 11.
Marginal note:Transfer of information between information banks
18. Subject to the regulations, information in any information banks that may be searched under this Part may be released by one information bank director to the other information bank director to assist that other director in conducting a search under this Part.
Marginal note:Transmission of information to Minister
19. Where information requested in an application under section 13 is found in an information bank that may be searched under this Part, the information bank director of that information bank shall cause to be transmitted to the Minister, in accordance with the regulations, all information obtained during any search conducted pursuant to section 17.
- R.S., 1985, c. 4 (2nd Supp.), s. 19;
- 1993, c. 8, s. 12.
- Date modified: