CONTRACTOR’S ACCESS AND REPORTS
Marginal note:Right of access by contractor
7. (1) A contractor may, at all reasonable times, for the purpose of
(a) inspecting, testing, installing, repairing, removing or changing, when it is lawful for him to do so, any meters, wiring, piping, fittings or other apparatus of the contractor for the measurement or conveyance of electricity or gas supplied by him, or
(b) ascertaining the quantity or making other measurements of the electricity or gas consumed or supplied,
enter any premises belonging to or occupied by the purchaser to whom the contractor has undertaken to supply the electricity or gas.
Marginal note:Liability of contractor
(2) A contractor that has exercised any right of entry pursuant to subsection (1) is responsible for, and shall forthwith repair and make good, all damage caused by the entry or by any inspection, testing, installation, repair, removal or change for the purpose of which the contractor has exercised that right.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 7.
Marginal note:Service pressure reports
8. A contractor shall, if the regulations so require, report at prescribed intervals to the director, in respect of any gas supplied by the contractor, such particulars of the service pressures as are prescribed.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 8.
9. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), where a contractor or purchaser intends to use or cause to be used a meter for the purpose of obtaining the basis of a charge for electricity or gas supplied by or to him, the meter shall not, until it has been verified and sealed in accordance with this Act and the regulations, be put into service.
Marginal note:Temporary dispensation
(2) The director may grant permission for the putting into service, without verification and sealing or without sealing, of any meter or any class, type or design of meter on a temporary basis under such terms and conditions and for such period as the director stipulates.
Marginal note:Permanent dispensation
(3) The director may grant approval for the putting into service, without verification and sealing or without sealing, of any meter or any class, type or design of meter.
Marginal note:Director’s approval required for verification
(4) No meter shall be verified pursuant to this Act until it or the class, type or design of meter to which it belongs has received the approval of the director.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 9.
Marginal note:Accredited meter verifiers
10. Subject to the regulations, any person
(a) may, on making application in prescribed manner, be accredited by the director for purposes of the verification, sealing, reverification and resealing of any meter or any class, type or design of meter and the execution of prescribed incidental functions by that person or their employee, agent or mandatary; and
(b) shall, in the event of the granting of the application under paragraph (a), be issued with a certificate of accreditation in prescribed form by the director.
- R.S., 1985, c. E-4, s. 10;
- 2011, c. 21, s. 122.
- Date modified: