Marginal note:Maps to be prepared and printed
28. (1) As soon as feasible after the issue of the proclamation declaring the representation order to be in force, the Chief Electoral Officer shall, with the cooperation of the Department of Natural Resources and in accordance with the descriptions and definitions set out in the order, prepare and print
(a) individual maps of each electoral district showing the boundaries of each district;
(b) individual maps of each province showing the boundaries of the electoral districts established in the province; and
(c) individual maps of all cities and metropolitan municipalities, portions of which are in more than one electoral district.
Marginal note:Electronic version of maps
(2) The Chief Electoral Officer shall provide an electronic version of each map containing its digital geospatial data to each registered party, as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Canada Elections Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. E-3, s. 28;
- 1994, c. 41, s. 38;
- 2011, c. 26, s. 12.
Marginal note:Provision for expenses
29. (1) All amounts required for the payment of salaries and other expenses under this Act, including expenses of administration, shall be taxed by the Chief Electoral Officer and paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund under the authority of this section.
Marginal note:Casual or temporary employees
(2) Such additional officers, clerks and employees as the Chief Electoral Officer considers necessary for the purpose of enabling him to exercise the powers and perform the duties of the Chief Electoral Officer under this Act may be employed, in the manner authorized by the Public Service Employment Act, on a casual or temporary basis.
- R.S., c. E-2, s. 28;
- 1978-79, c. 13, s. 25.
Marginal note:Territorial electoral districts
30. In each of the Yukon Territory, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, there shall be one electoral district respectively named and described as follows, each of which shall return one member:
Yukon: consisting of the Yukon Territory as bounded and described in the schedule to the Yukon Act.
Western Arctic: consisting of the Northwest Territories as bounded and described in the definition "Territories" in section 2 of the Northwest Territories Act.
Nunavut: consisting of Nunavut as bounded and described in section 3 of the Nunavut Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. E-3, s. 30;
- 1993, c. 28, s. 78;
- 1998, c. 15, s. 25.
- Date modified: