FEES FOR DOCUMENTS
10.1 (1) The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Minister and the Treasury Board, make regulations prescribing
(a) documents issued by the Minister for travel purposes for which fees are payable; and
(b) the amount of the fees and the time and manner of their payment.
Marginal note:Cost recovery
(2) The fees shall be prescribed with a view to the recovery of the costs incurred by Her Majesty in right of Canada in providing consular services.
Marginal note:Additional to other fees
(3) The fees are to be paid in addition to any other fees payable under section 19 of the Financial Administration Act in respect of the same documents.
- 1995, c. 17, s. 43.
AGREEMENTS WITH PROVINCES
11. The Minister may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, enter into agreements with the government of any province or any agency thereof respecting the carrying out of programs related to the Minister’s powers, duties and functions.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 167, s. 11.
MINISTER FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE
Marginal note:Duties of Minister
12. Subject to section 5, the Minister for International Trade shall promote the expansion of Canada’s international trade and commerce by
(a) assisting Canadian exporters in their international marketing initiatives and by promoting Canadian export sales;
(b) improving the access of Canadian produce, products and services into external markets through trade negotiations;
(c) fostering trade relations with other countries; and
(d) contributing to the improvement of world trading conditions.
- R.S., 1985, c. E-22, s. 12;
- 1995, c. 5, s. 9(F).
HEADS OF MISSIONS
Marginal note:Definition of "head of mission"
13. (1) In this section, “head of mission” means
(a) an ambassador, high commissioner or consul-general of Canada; or
(b) any other person appointed to represent Canada in another country or a portion of another country or at an international organization or diplomatic conference and designated head of mission by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Duties of head of mission
(2) Except as otherwise instructed by the Governor in Council, a head of mission shall have the management and direction of his mission and its activities and the supervision of the official activities of the various departments and agencies of the Government of Canada in the country or portion of the country or at the international organization to which he is appointed.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 167, s. 13.
- Date modified: