Marginal note:Prohibition — false, misleading or incomplete statement
92.6 No candidate shall provide the Chief Electoral Officer with a statement referred to in subsection 92.2(3) that
(a) the candidate knows or ought reasonably to know contains a material statement that is false or misleading; or
(b) does not substantially set out the information required by that subsection.
- 2006, c. 9, s. 40.
REVISION OF LISTS OF ELECTORS
Preliminary Lists of Electors
Marginal note:Sending of information
93. (1) As soon as possible after the issue of a writ, the Chief Electoral Officer shall prepare a preliminary list of electors for each polling division in an electoral district, and shall send it to the returning officer for the electoral district along with all the other information in the Register of Electors that relates to the electors of that electoral district.
Marginal note:Distribution of preliminary lists
(1.1) The Chief Electoral Officer shall distribute, to each registered party or eligible party that requests it, one copy in electronic form of the preliminary lists of electors for an electoral district in respect of which a writ has been issued.
Marginal note:Form of preliminary list of electors
(2) A preliminary list of electors shall contain only the name and address of each elector in the electoral district and the identifier that is assigned to the elector by the Chief Electoral Officer and shall be arranged according to the civic addresses of the electors or, if that is not appropriate, in alphabetical order by their names.
Marginal note:Publication of preliminary lists
(3) The Chief Electoral Officer shall, not later than the 31st day before polling day, determine the number of names appearing on the preliminary lists of electors for each electoral district and cause that information to be published in the Canada Gazette.
- 2000, c. 9, s. 93;
- 2007, c. 21, s. 13.
Marginal note:Distribution of lists
94. (1) Each returning officer shall, on receipt of the preliminary lists of electors for his or her electoral district, distribute one printed copy and one copy in electronic form of the lists to each candidate in the electoral district who requests them.
Marginal note:Extra copies
(2) On the request of a candidate, the returning officer may provide a maximum of four additional printed copies of the preliminary lists of electors.
Notice of Confirmation of Registration
Marginal note:Notice to electors
95. (1) Each returning officer shall, as soon as possible after the issue of a writ but not later than the 24th day before polling day, send a notice of confirmation of registration to every elector whose name appears on the preliminary list of electors, except electors who
(a) are referred to in paragraph 11(e);
(b) have completed a statement of ordinary residence under section 194 or 195; or
(c) are referred to in section 222.
Marginal note:Form of notice
(2) The notice of confirmation of registration shall be in the form established by the Chief Electoral Officer and shall indicate
(a) the address of the elector’s polling station, and whether or not it has level access;
(b) the voting hours on polling day;
(c) a telephone number to call for more information;
(d) the dates of advance polls and the voting hours and locations of advance polling stations; and
(e) the fact that proof of an elector’s identity and residence will be required before the elector is allowed to vote.
Marginal note:Particular needs
(3) The notice of confirmation of registration shall invite the elector to contact the returning officer if he or she
(a) requires a language or sign language interpreter;
(b) requires level access and his or her polling station does not have it; or
(c) is unable to attend at a polling station because of a physical disability.
- 2000, c. 9, s. 95;
- 2007, c. 21, s. 14.
- Date modified: