Marginal note:Where partnership appointed as official agent or auditor
85.1 Subject to sections 84 and 85, a person may be appointed as official agent or auditor for a candidate notwithstanding that the person is a member of a partnership that has been appointed as an auditor, in accordance with this Act for
(a) a candidate in an electoral district other than the electoral district of the candidate for whom the appointment is being made; or
(b) a registered party.
86. A candidate who appoints an official agent or an auditor shall obtain from the official agent or auditor a signed statement consenting to act in that capacity.
Marginal note:Death, incapacity, resignation or revocation
87. In the event of the death, incapacity, resignation or revocation of the appointment of an official agent or of an auditor, the candidate shall, without delay, appoint another official agent or auditor.
Marginal note:Only one official agent and auditor
88. A candidate may have only one official agent and one auditor at a time.
Marginal note:Ineligible candidate
89. No person shall sign a nomination paper consenting to be a candidate knowing that he or she is not eligible to be a candidate.
Marginal note:Prohibition — official agents
90. (1) No person who is ineligible to act as an official agent of a candidate shall act in that capacity.
Marginal note:Prohibition — auditor
(2) No person who is ineligible to act as an auditor of a candidate shall act in that capacity.
Marginal note:Publishing false statements to affect election results
91. No person shall, with the intention of affecting the results of an election, knowingly make or publish any false statement of fact in relation to the personal character or conduct of a candidate or prospective candidate.
- 2000, c. 9, s. 91;
- 2001, c. 21, s. 10(E).
Marginal note:False statement of withdrawal of candidate
92. No person shall knowingly publish a false statement of the withdrawal of a candidate.
Gifts and Other Advantages
Marginal note:Definition of candidate
92.1 For the purposes of sections 92.2 to 92.6, a candidate is deemed to have become a candidate on the earlier of
(a) the day on which he or she is selected at a nomination contest, and
(b) the day on which the writ is issued for the election.
- 2006, c. 9, s. 40.
- Date modified: