Marginal note:Notice of withdrawal of writ
551. If a writ is deemed to have been superseded and withdrawn under subsection 31(3) of the Parliament of Canada Act, the Chief Electoral Officer shall publish a notice in the Canada Gazette of the withdrawal of the writ and the cancellation of the election.
Marginal note:Tabling of forms
552. Each form established for the purposes of paragraph 424(1)(a) or 429(1)(a) shall be laid before the House of Commons on any of the first 15 days that it is sitting after the form is made by the Chief Electoral Officer.
Payments out of Consolidated Revenue Fund
Marginal note:Amounts to be paid out of C.R.F.
553. The following shall be paid out of unappropriated moneys forming part of the Consolidated Revenue Fund:
(a) any amount payable under section 15;
(b) the remuneration paid to a person employed under section 20, any additional remuneration paid to staff referred to in subsection 19(1) for overtime work to enable the Chief Electoral Officer to exercise his or her powers and discharge his or her duties under this Act and any administration expenses that are incurred for that purpose;
(c) any expenses incurred by the Chief Electoral Officer to acquire information referred to in paragraph 46(1)(b);
(d) any fees, costs, allowances or expenses referred to in subsection 542(1);
(e) any expenses incurred by the Chief Electoral Officer for preparing and printing election material and for the purchase of election supplies; and
(f) on the certificate of the Chief Electoral Officer, any expenses incurred by, on behalf of or in relation to the Commissioner under sections 509 to 513 and 516 to 521.
Marginal note:Application of amendments to subsequent election
554. (1) No amendment to this Act applies in an election for which the writ is issued within six months after the passing of the amendment unless, before the issue of the writ, the Chief Electoral Officer has published a notice in the Canada Gazette that the necessary preparations for the bringing into operation of the amendment have been made and that the amendment may come into force accordingly.
Marginal note:Consolidation of amendments
(2) It is the duty of the Chief Electoral Officer immediately after the passing of an amendment to this Act to consolidate the amendment, so far as necessary, in the copies of the Act printed for distribution to returning officers, to correct and reprint all forms and instructions affected by it and to publish a notice in the Canada Gazette as soon as copies of the Act and the forms and instructions have been so corrected and reprinted.
TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS, CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS, REPEALS AND COMING INTO FORCE
Marginal note:Statement of assets and liabilities — coming into force before July 1
Footnote *555. (1) If this Act comes into force before July 1 in a year, a registered party that is registered on that coming into force shall, within six months after that coming into force, provide the Chief Electoral Officer with
(a) a statement of its assets and liabilities, including any surplus or deficit, as of December 31 of the previous fiscal year;
(b) a report as to whether in the registered party’s auditor’s opinion the statement presents fairly the information on which it is based in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles; and
(c) a declaration in the prescribed form by the chief agent of the registered party concerning the statement.
Return to footnote *[Note: Act in force September 1, 2000, see Canada Gazette Part I, Extra Volume 134, No. 6.]
Marginal note:Statement of assets and liabilities — coming into force after June 30
Footnote *(2) If this Act comes into force after June 30 in a year, a registered party that is registered on that coming into force shall, within six months after the end of the then current fiscal year, provide the Chief Electoral Officer with a statement of its assets and liabilities, including any surplus or deficit, as of December 31 of the then current fiscal year, and the documents referred to in paragraphs (1)(b) and (c) in relation to that statement.
- Date modified: