Marginal note:Deemed bonus
3. For the purpose of this Act, any lump sum that an employer is required by an arbitral award to pay to employees is deemed to be a bonus.
Marginal note:National Joint Council recommendations
4. Any reference in this Act to additional remuneration does not include any additional remuneration that is provided for by a directive, policy, regulation, agreement or other instrument issued or made
(a) on the recommendation of the National Joint Council and with the employer’s approval; or
(b) unilaterally by an employer in respect of a subject matter that, in the opinion of the Treasury Board, is the same as or is related to the subject matter of any instrument made in accordance with paragraph (a).
Marginal note:When certain collective agreements are deemed to have been entered into
5. (1) For the purpose of this Act, a collective agreement is deemed to have been entered into before December 8, 2008 if it was actually entered into on or after that date but its parties had, before that date, agreed in writing to enter into it with effect on the expiry of a previous collective agreement and they entered into it without alteration.
Marginal note:When provisions of certain terms and conditions of employment are deemed to have been established
(2) If subsection (1) applies in respect of a collective agreement and terms and conditions of employment were established on or after December 8, 2008, the provisions of those terms and conditions of employment that are identical in all material respects to those of the collective agreement and that are applicable to non-represented and excluded employees that normally have terms and conditions of employment that are similar to those of the employees governed by the collective agreement are, for the purposes of this Act, deemed to have been made before December 8, 2008.
EFFECTS OF ACT
Marginal note:Right to bargain collectively
6. Subject to the other provisions of this Act, the right to bargain collectively under the Canada Labour Code, the Parliamentary Employment and Staff Relations Act and the Public Service Labour Relations Act is continued.
Marginal note:Right to strike
Marginal note:Amendments permitted
8. Nothing in this Act precludes the bargaining agent for employees governed by a collective agreement or arbitral award and the employer of those employees from amending, by agreement in writing, any provision of the collective agreement or arbitral award, other than a provision relating to its term, so long as the amendment is not contrary to any provision of this Act.
- Date modified: