Marginal note:Paramount powers under this Act
32. The powers conferred by this Act may be exercised notwithstanding anything contained in the Public Works Act.
- R.S., c. D-2, s. 25.
Marginal note:Orders and regulations
33. The Governor in Council may make orders and regulations to carry out the purposes and provisions of this Part.
- R.S., 1985, c. D-1, s. 33;
- 2000, c. 31, s. 3.
Marginal note:Regulations to be published
Marginal note:Motion to revoke or amend
(2) Where a regulation has been published in the Canada Gazette pursuant to subsection (1), a notice of motion in either House signed by ten members thereof and made in accordance with the rules of that House within seven days of the day the regulation was published or, if that House is not then sitting, on any of the first seven days next thereafter that that House is sitting, praying that the regulation be revoked or amended, shall be debated in that House at the first convenient opportunity within the four sitting days next after the day the motion in that House was made.
- R.S., 1985, c. D-1, s. 34;
- 2000, c. 31, s. 4.
REGULATION OF ACCESS TO CONTROLLED GOODS
Marginal note:Definition of “controlled goods”
35. In this Part, “controlled goods” means the goods referred to in the schedule.
- 2000, c. 31, s. 5.
Marginal note:Excluded persons
36. This Part does not apply to a person who
(a) occupies a position in the federal public administration, including a position in a federal Crown corporation, or is employed by Her Majesty in right of a province, who acts in good faith in the course of their duties and employment; or
(b) is a member of a class of persons prescribed by regulation.
- 2000, c. 31, s. 5;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 159(E).
37. (1) No person shall, unless the person is registered under section 38 or exempt from registration under section 39 or 39.1, knowingly examine or possess a controlled good or transfer a controlled good to another person.
Marginal note:Offence re person registered or exempt
(2) No person registered or exempt from registration shall knowingly transfer a controlled good to or permit the examination of a controlled good by a person who is not registered or exempt from registration.
Marginal note:Definition of “transfer”
(3) In this section, “transfer” means, in respect of a controlled good, to dispose of it or disclose its content in any manner.
Marginal note:Scope of registration
(4) The registration of a person extends to the officers, directors and employees authorized by the registered person in accordance with the regulations.
- 2000, c. 31, s. 5.
- Date modified: