116. [Repealed, 1997, c. 40, s. 97]
Annual Report to Parliament and the Provinces
Marginal note:Annual report to be made by Ministers
117. (1) The Minister of Finance and the Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development shall, as soon as possible after the end of each fiscal year, together prepare a report on the administration of this Act during that year, including
(a) the annual financial statements for that year prepared under section 112 and the report of the Auditor General of Canada on those statements;
(b) the number of contributors during that year and the number of persons to whom benefits were payable during that year; and
(c) any other information that the Ministers, and the appropriate provincial Ministers of the participating provinces, as defined in section 2 of the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board Act, consider appropriate.
Marginal note:Tabling in Parliament
(2) The Ministers shall cause the report to be laid before each House of Parliament on any of the first 15 days on which that House is sitting after the report is prepared.
Marginal note:Presentation to provinces
(3) As soon as possible after the report is prepared, the Ministers shall send the report to the appropriate provincial Minister of every province.
Definition of “appropriate provincial Minister”
(4) In this section, “appropriate provincial Minister”, in respect of a province, means the province’s minister of the Crown who has primary responsibility for that province’s finances.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-8, s. 117;
- 1997, c. 40, s. 97;
- 2003, c. 5, s. 11;
- 2005, c. 35, s. 67;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 694.
Marginal note:Government contributions
118. (1) There shall be charged to the Consolidated Revenue Fund and credited to the Canada Pension Plan Account an amount equal to
(a) the contributions required to be made by Her Majesty in right of Canada as employer’s contributions under this Act, and
(b) the amount required by subsection 21(2) to be paid by Her Majesty in right of Canada as a result of the failure to deduct and remit, in accordance with this Act, the required amount as or on account of the employee’s contributions,
in respect of persons in employment under Her Majesty in right of Canada that is not excepted employment under this Act.
Marginal note:Contributions under agreement
(2) There shall be charged to the Consolidated Revenue Fund and paid to the appropriate authority in a province with which an agreement has been entered into under subsection 4(3) an amount equal to
(a) the contributions required to be paid by Her Majesty in right of Canada under that agreement as employer’s contributions, and
(b) the amount required to be paid by Her Majesty in right of Canada as a result of the failure to deduct and remit, in accordance with the agreement, the required amount as or on account of the employee’s contributions,
in respect of persons employed by Her Majesty in right of Canada in employment designated in the agreement.
- R.S., c. C-5, s. 119;
- 1974-75-76, c. 4, s. 54.
- Date modified: