102. An authenticating trustee, transfer agent or other agent or mandatary of an issuer has, in respect of the issue, registration of transfer and cancellation of a debt obligation of the issuer,
(a) a duty to the issuer to exercise good faith and reasonable diligence; and
(b) the same obligations to the holder or owner of the debt obligation and the same rights, privileges and immunities as the issuer.
Marginal note:Notice to agent or mandatary
103. Notice to an authenticating trustee, transfer agent or other agent or mandatary of an issuer is notice to the issuer in respect of the functions performed by the agent or mandatary.
104. (1) The following definitions apply in this Part.
“event of default”
« défaut »
“event of default” means an event specified in a trust indenture on the occurrence of which a security interest effected by the trust indenture becomes enforceable, or the principal, interest or other money payable under the trust indenture becomes or may be declared to be payable before maturity, once all conditions — such as the giving of notice or the lapse of time — provided for by the trust indenture in connection with the event have been satisfied.
« fiduciaire »
“trustee” means any person appointed as trustee, including the administrator of the property of others, under the terms of a trust indenture to which a corporation is a party and includes any successor trustee.
« acte de fiducie »
“trust indenture” means any deed, indenture or other instrument or act, including any supplement or amendment to one, made by a corporation after its incorporation or continuance under this Act, under which the corporation issues debt obligations and in which a person is appointed as trustee for the holders of the debt obligations issued under the deed, indenture or other instrument.
(2) This Part applies to a trust indenture if the debt obligations issued or to be issued under the trust indenture are part of a distribution to the public.
Marginal note:Application for exemption
(3) On application, the Director may exempt a trust indenture from the application of this Part if the trust indenture, the debt obligations issued under it and the security interest effected by it are subject to a law of a province or a country other than Canada that is substantially equivalent to this Part.
- Date modified: