CONDITION PRECEDENT FOR CERTAIN REGULATIONS
Marginal note:Approval of Provincial Minister prior to making certain regulations
7. Before a regulation is made pursuant to subsection 5(1) or 41(7), section 64, subsection 67(2), section 118, subsection 122(1), 125(1), 149(1), 152(5) or 160(4) or section 203, the Federal Minister shall consult the Provincial Minister with respect to the proposed regulation and no regulation shall be so made without the approval of the Provincial Minister.
8. (1) This Act applies within the offshore area.
Marginal note:Excluded legislation
- 1987, c. 3, s. 8;
- 1992, c. 35, s. 45.
Establishment of Board
Marginal note:Jointly established Board
9. (1) There is established by the joint operation of this Act and the Provincial Act a board to be known as the Canada-Newfoundland Offshore Petroleum Board.
Marginal note:Treated as Provincial entity
(2) Subject to subsections (3) and (4), the Board shall for all purposes be treated as having been established by or under a law of the Province.
Marginal note:Powers of corporation
Marginal note:Dissolution of Board
(4) The Board may be dissolved only by the joint operation of an Act of Parliament and an Act of the Legislature of the Province.
- 1987, c. 3, s. 9;
- 1992, c. 35, s. 46;
- 1994, c. 24, s. 34(F).
Marginal note:Board consisting of seven members
10. (1) The Board shall consist of seven members.
Marginal note:Federal and Provincial appointees
(2) Three members of the Board are to be appointed by the Federal Government, three by the Provincial Government and the Chairman of the Board is to be appointed by both the Federal Government and the Provincial Government.
(3) One or two members of the Board may be designated to be vice-chairmen of the Board if they are so designated by both the Federal Government and the Provincial Government.
Marginal note:Designation by both governments
(4) The designation of a vice-chairman of the Board pursuant to subsection (3) is effective after both governments have each made the designation.
Marginal note:Alternate members
(5) Each government may appoint one alternate member to act as a member of the Board in the absence of any of the members of the Board appointed by that government.
Marginal note:Joint appointees
(6) Notwithstanding subsection (2) or (5), any member or alternate member of the Board may be appointed by both the Federal Government and the Provincial Government.
- Date modified: