Review Board Established
Marginal note:Review Board established
18. (1) There is hereby established a board to be known as the Canadian Cultural Property Export Review Board, consisting of a Chairperson and not more than nine other members appointed by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Minister.
(2) The Chairperson and one other member shall be chosen generally from among residents of Canada, and
(a) up to four other members shall be chosen from among residents of Canada who are or have been officers, members or employees of art galleries, museums, archives, libraries or other collecting institutions in Canada; and
(b) up to four other members shall be chosen from among residents of Canada who are or have been dealers in or collectors of art, antiques or other objects that form part of the national heritage.
Marginal note:Acting Chairperson
(3) The Review Board may authorize one of its members to act as Chairperson in the event of the absence or incapacity of the Chairperson or if the office of Chairperson is vacant.
(4) Three members, at least one of whom is a person described in paragraph (2)(a) and one of whom is a person described in paragraph (2)(b), constitute a quorum of the Review Board.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-51, s. 18;
- 1995, c. 29, ss. 21, 22(E);
- 2001, c. 34, s. 38.
19. (1) Each member of the Review Board who is not an employee of, or an employee of an agent of, Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province shall be paid such salary or other amount by way of remuneration as may be fixed by the Governor in Council.
(2) Each member of the Review Board is entitled, within such limits as may be established by the Treasury Board, to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred while absent from his ordinary place of residence in connection with the work of the Review Board.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 16.
20. The Review Board shall, on request,
(a) pursuant to section 29, review applications for export permits;
(b) pursuant to section 30, make determinations respecting fair cash offers to purchase; and
(c) pursuant to section 32, make determinations for the purposes of subparagraph 39(1)(a)(i.1), paragraph 110.1(1)(c), the definition "total cultural gifts" in subsection 118.1(1) and subsection 118.1(10) of the Income Tax Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-51, s. 20;
- 1991, c. 49, s. 216.
Head Office and Sittings
Marginal note:Head office
21. (1) The head office of the Review Board shall be at such place in Canada as the Governor in Council may by order prescribe.
(2) The Review Board may sit at such times and places in Canada as it considers necessary or desirable for the proper conduct of its business.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 18.
- Date modified: