Marginal note:Notice of refusal
13. (1) Where a permit officer is advised by an expert examiner pursuant to subsection 11(3) not to issue an export permit, the permit officer shall send a written notice of refusal to the applicant, which notice shall include the reasons given by the expert examiner for the refusal.
Marginal note:Copy to Review Board
(2) A permit officer who sends a notice of refusal under subsection (1) shall forthwith send a copy thereof to the Review Board.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 10.
Marginal note:Deposit of copy
14. No export permit shall, unless it is issued under section 7, be issued under this Act for an object within a class of objects prescribed under paragraph 39(d), where the object is included in the Control List, until a copy of that object has been deposited by the person applying for the permit in such institution as the Minister may direct.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 11.
Marginal note:Alteration of permits by Minister and notice
15. The Minister may amend, suspend, cancel or reinstate any export permit, other than an export permit issued on the direction of the Review Board, and where an export permit is amended, suspended, cancelled or reinstated, the Minister shall forthwith send a written notice to that effect to the person who applied for the permit.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 12.
Marginal note:No export permit for two years
16. No export permit shall, unless it is issued under section 7 or on the direction of the Review Board pursuant to section 29 or 30, be issued under this Act in respect of an object, where the object is included in the Control List, during a period of two years from the date on which a notice of refusal was sent in respect of that object under subsection 13(1).
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 13.
Marginal note:General permits to export
17. (1) The Minister may issue to any resident of Canada who applies therefor a general permit to export any objects included in the Control List subject to such terms and conditions as the Minister may require and may at any time amend, suspend, cancel or reinstate any such permit.
Marginal note:Open general permits to export
(2) The Minister may, with the concurrence of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, issue generally to all persons a general permit to export objects within any class of objects that is included in the Control List and that is specified in the permit subject to such terms and conditions as the Minister may require and may, with the concurrence of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, at any time amend, suspend, cancel or reinstate any such permit.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-51, s. 17;
- 1995, c. 5, s. 25.
- Date modified: