Marginal note:Designation of expert examiners
6. (1) The Minister may designate any resident of Canada or any institution in Canada as an expert examiner for the purposes of this Act.
(2) An expert examiner that is not an agent of Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province or is not an employee of, or an employee of an agent of, Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province shall be paid such remuneration for services performed under this Act as may be approved by the Treasury Board.
(3) An expert examiner or, where an expert examiner is an institution, the person acting for the institution is entitled, within such limits as may be established by the Treasury Board, to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred while absent from his ordinary place of residence in connection with services performed under this Act.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 5.
Marginal note:Immediate issue of export permit
7. A permit officer who receives from a resident of Canada an application for an export permit shall issue the permit forthwith if the person applying for the permit establishes to the satisfaction of the permit officer that the object in respect of which the application is made
(a) was imported into Canada within the thirty-five years immediately preceding the date of the application and was not exported from Canada under a permit issued under this Act prior to that importation;
(b) was lent to an institution or public authority in Canada by a person who was not a resident of Canada at the time the loan was made; or
(c) is to be removed from Canada for a purpose prescribed by regulation for a period of time not exceeding such period of time as may be prescribed by regulation for the purposes of this paragraph.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 6.
Marginal note:Determination by permit officer
8. (1) A permit officer who receives from a resident of Canada an application for an export permit in respect of an object shall, where he does not issue an export permit under section 7, and where he is not aware of any notice of refusal sent in respect of the object under subsection 13(1) during the two years immediately preceding the date of the application, determine whether the object is included in the Control List.
Marginal note:Export permit where object not included in Control List
(2) Where a permit officer determines that an object in respect of which an application for an export permit is made is not included in the Control List, the permit officer shall forthwith issue an export permit in respect of the object.
Marginal note:Reference to expert examiner
(3) Where a permit officer determines that an object in respect of which an application for an export permit is made is or might be included in the Control List, the permit officer shall forthwith refer the application to an expert examiner for consideration.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 7.
- Date modified: