DESIGNATION OF CULTURAL PROPERTY
Marginal note:Designation of cultural property
38. For the purposes of article 1 of the Convention on the means of prohibiting and preventing the illicit import, export and transfer of ownership of cultural property, any object included in the Control List is hereby designated by Canada as being of importance for archaeology, prehistory, history, literature, art or science.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 32.
39. The Governor in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, may make regulations
(a) prescribing the information, documentation and undertakings to be furnished by applicants for permits and certificates under this Act, the procedures to be followed in applying for and in issuing those permits and certificates, the terms and conditions applicable to them and the duration of the permits;
(b) prescribing the circumstances in which information may be required from persons to whom permits have been issued under this Act and the type of information that may be so required;
(c) prescribing the purposes for which an object may be removed from Canada for a limited period of time for the purpose of paragraph 7(c) and the length of time for which it may be so removed; and
(d) prescribing classes of manuscripts, original documents, archives, photographic positives and negatives, films and sound recordings for the purpose of section 14.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-51, s. 39;
- 1995, c. 5, s. 25;
- 1998, c. 19, s. 261.
OFFENCES AND PUNISHMENT
Marginal note:Export or attempt to export
40. No person shall export or attempt to export from Canada any object included in the Control List except under the authority of and in accordance with a permit issued under this Act.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 34.
Marginal note:No transfer of permits
41. No person who is authorized under a permit issued under this Act to export an object from Canada shall transfer the permit to or allow it to be used by a person who is not so authorized.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 35.
Marginal note:False information
42. No person shall wilfully furnish any false or misleading information or knowingly make any misrepresentation
(a) in an application for a permit under this Act;
(b) for the purpose of procuring the issue of a permit under this Act; or
(c) in connection with the use of a permit issued under this Act or the disposition of any object to which such permit relates.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 36.
Marginal note:Import or attempt to import foreign cultural property
43. No person shall import or attempt to import into Canada any property that it is illegal to import into Canada under subsection 37(2).
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 37.
- Date modified: