106. (1) Every person commits an offence who
(a) after destroying any firearm, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device or prohibited ammunition, or
(b) on becoming aware of the destruction of any firearm, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device or prohibited ammunition that was in the person’s possession before its destruction,
does not with reasonable despatch report the destruction to a peace officer, firearms officer or chief firearms officer.
(2) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1)
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or
(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 106;
- R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 203;
- 1991, c. 40, s. 19;
- 1995, c. 22, s. 10, c. 39, s. 139.
- Date modified: