Marginal note:Finding of guilt, conviction, order or dismissal
804. When the summary conviction court has heard the prosecutor, defendant and witnesses, it shall, after considering the matter, convict the defendant, discharge the defendant under section 730, make an order against the defendant or dismiss the information, as the case may be.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 804;
- R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 178, c. 1 (4th Supp.), s. 18(F);
- 1995, c. 22, s. 10.
805. [Repealed, R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 179]
Marginal note:Memo of conviction or order
806. (1) Where a defendant is convicted or an order is made in relation to the defendant, a minute or memorandum of the conviction or order shall be made by the summary conviction court indicating that the matter was dealt with under this Part and, on request by the defendant, the prosecutor or any other person, the court shall cause a conviction or order in Form 35 or 36, as the case may be, and a certified copy of the conviction or order to be drawn up and shall deliver the certified copy to the person making the request.
Marginal note:Warrant of committal
(2) Where a defendant is convicted or an order is made against him, the summary conviction court shall issue a warrant of committal in Form 21 or 22, and section 528 applies in respect of a warrant of committal issued under this subsection.
Marginal note:Admissibility of certified copy
(3) Where a warrant of committal in Form 21 is issued by a clerk of a court, a copy of the warrant of committal, certified by the clerk, is admissible in evidence in any proceeding.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 806;
- R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 185(F);
- 1994, c. 44, s. 80.
Marginal note:Disposal of penalties when joint offenders
807. Where several persons join in committing the same offence and on conviction each is adjudged to pay an amount to a person aggrieved, no more shall be paid to that person than an amount equal to the value of the property destroyed or injured or the amount of the injury done, together with costs, if any, and the residue of the amount adjudged to be paid shall be applied in the manner in which other penalties imposed by law are directed to be applied.
- R.S., c. C-34, s. 742.
Marginal note:Order of dismissal
808. (1) Where the summary conviction court dismisses an information, it may, if requested by the defendant, draw up an order of dismissal and shall give to the defendant a certified copy of the order of dismissal.
Marginal note:Effect of certificate
(2) A copy of an order of dismissal, certified in accordance with subsection (1) is, without further proof, a bar to any subsequent proceedings against the defendant in respect of the same cause.
- R.S., c. C-34, s. 743.
- Date modified: