CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY FUND
Marginal note:Fund established
30. (1) There is hereby established a fund, to be known as the Crimes Against Humanity Fund, into which shall be paid
(a) all money obtained through enforcement in Canada of orders of the International Criminal Court for reparation or forfeiture or orders of that Court imposing a fine;
(b) all money obtained in accordance with section 31; and
(c) any money otherwise received as a donation to the Crimes Against Humanity Fund.
Marginal note:Payment out of Fund
(2) The Attorney General of Canada may make payments out of the Crimes Against Humanity Fund, with or without a deduction for costs, to the International Criminal Court, the Trust Fund established under article 79 of the Rome Statute, victims of offences under this Act or of offences within the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court, and to the families of those victims, or otherwise as the Attorney General of Canada sees fit.
(3) The Governor in Council may make regulations respecting the administration and management of the Crimes Against Humanity Fund.
Marginal note:Credits to Fund
31. The Minister of Public Works and Government Services shall pay into the Crimes Against Humanity Fund
(a) the net amount received from the disposition of any property referred to in subsections 4(1) to (3) of the Seized Property Management Act that is
(i) proceeds of crime within the meaning of subsection 462.3(1) of the Criminal Code, obtained or derived directly or indirectly as a result of the commission of an offence under this Act, and
(ii) forfeited to Her Majesty and disposed of by that Minister; and
(b) any amount paid or recovered as a fine imposed under subsection 462.37(3) of the Criminal Code in substitution for the property referred to in paragraph (a).
- 2000, c. 24, s. 31;
- 2001, c. 32, s. 61.
Marginal note:Partial exclusion of Seized Property Management Act
32. Paragraphs 9(d), (e) and (f) and sections 10, 11 and 13 to 16 of the Seized Property Management Act do not apply in respect of any property, proceeds of property or amounts referred to in section 31.
33. to 75. [Amendments]
76. and 76.1 [Amendments]
COMING INTO FORCE
Marginal note:Coming into force
Return to footnote *[Note: Act in force October 23, 2000, see SI/2000-95.]
- Date modified: