Marginal note:Members of former Board
222. (1) A person who, immediately before the commencement day, was a full-time or temporary member of the former Board shall be deemed to have been appointed on the commencement day pursuant to section 103 to hold that office on the Board for a term equal to the remainder of the term for which the person was appointed.
Marginal note:Former Chairman and Vice-Chairman
(2) The persons who, immediately before the commencement day, were Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the former Board shall be deemed to have been designated on the commencement day pursuant to section 104 to hold the offices of Chairperson and Executive Vice-Chairperson, respectively.
Marginal note:Continuation of community Board members
(3) The repeal of the former Act does not affect the designation of a person who, immediately before the commencement day, was a person designated by the Minister pursuant to section 8 of the former Act, who may continue to conduct, as a regional community representative of the Board, the reviews of the classes of cases of offenders referred to in that section for the remainder of the term for which the person was designated.
(4) A person referred to in subsection (3) shall be paid such remuneration as is fixed by the Governor in Council for each day that the person is performing duties referred to in that subsection, and is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred while performing those duties away from the person’s ordinary place of residence.
Marginal note:Reviews in progress
223. A review of the case of an offender begun under the former Act shall be continued after the commencement day as if it had been begun under this Act.
Marginal note:Parole and temporary absences
224. (1) Any parole granted or temporary absence authorized under the former Act shall, on and after the commencement day, be dealt with as if it had been granted or authorized under Part II of this Act.
Marginal note:Mandatory supervision
(2) Any person who is at large and subject to mandatory supervision under the former Act immediately before the commencement day shall be deemed, after that day, to be on statutory release under Part II of this Act.
Marginal note:Day parole eligibility of past offenders
225. (1) Subject to subsection (1.1), paragraph 119(1)(c) does not apply in respect of an offender who is serving a sentence imposed before November 1, 1992, but the corresponding provisions of the former Act and the regulations made under that Act apply in respect thereof as if they were provisions of this Act.
Marginal note:Where additional sentence
(1.1) Paragraph 119(1)(c) applies in respect of an offender who is serving a sentence imposed before November 1, 1992 where the offender receives an additional sentence on or after that day and, as a result, the offender is deemed, pursuant to section 139, to have been sentenced to one sentence.
(2) [Repealed, 2011, c. 11, s. 7]
- 1992, c. 20, s. 225;
- 1995, c. 42, s. 62;
- 2011, c. 11, s. 7.
- Date modified: