Marginal note:Appeal to Federal Court
462. (1) An appeal lies to the Federal Court from any direction of the Minister made under subsection 368(1).
(2) The Federal Court may, in an appeal under subsection (1),
(a) dismiss the appeal;
(b) set aside the direction or decision; or
(c) set aside the direction or decision and refer the matter back for re-determination.
(3) For the purposes of an appeal under subsection (1), the Minister shall, at the request of the association or person making the appeal, provide the association or person with a certificate in writing setting out the direction or decision appealed from and the reasons why the direction or decision was made.
- 1991, c. 48, ss. 462, 498;
- 1996, c. 6, s. 65.
Marginal note:Power to make regulations
463. (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) prescribing anything that is required or authorized by this Act to be prescribed;
(a.1) prescribing the way in which anything that is required or authorized by this Act to be prescribed shall be determined;
(b) defining words and expressions to be defined for the purposes of this Act;
(c) requiring the payment of a fee in respect of the filing, examining or issuing of any document or in respect of any action that the Superintendent is required or authorized to take under this Act, and fixing the amount thereof or the manner of determining the amount thereof;
(d) respecting the regulatory capital and total assets of an association;
(e) respecting the retention, in Canada, of assets of an association;
(f) respecting the value of assets of an association to be held in Canada and the manner in which those assets are to be held;
(g) respecting the protection and maintenance of assets of an association and assets held under the administration of an association, including regulations respecting the bonding of directors, officers and employees of an association;
(h) respecting the holding of membership shares and shares for the purposes of section 78;
(i) respecting information, in addition to the information required by section 434, to be maintained in the register referred to in that section;
(i.1) respecting the determination of the equity of an association;
(i.2) respecting persons who are a related party to a retail association; and
(j) generally for carrying out the purposes and provisions of this Act.
Marginal note:Incorporation by reference
(2) The regulations may incorporate any material by reference regardless of its source and either as it exists on a particular date or as amended from time to time.
Marginal note:Incorporated material is not a regulation
(3) Material does not become a regulation for the purposes of the Statutory Instruments Act because it is incorporated by reference.
- 1991, c. 48, s. 463;
- 1997, c. 15, s. 160;
- 1999, c. 31, s. 58(F);
- 2001, c. 9, s. 339;
- 2005, c. 54, s. 208.
- Date modified: